OT: uneven cooking in microwaves

The microwave with the most even cooking (as rated by Condemner Reports):

Only $329.99

Reply to
Stephanie Clifford
[snip]

There's a warmer thing because there's a colder thing. The icy lump in the middle.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

And provides less storage space, or places for the cat to sit.

Reply to
Sam E
[snip]

TVs used to have controls (including the mechanical klunk-klunk-klunk channel know) on the front to the right of the screen, making the whole thing wider.

BTW, I've seen one of the really old TVs with a 12-inch screen in a cabinet as big as a full-size refrigerator.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I usually don't wait a minute, or stir during the cooking those things don't appear to be needed.

As to another thing, people are often talking about a fork, ignoring the fact that many times a SPOON is the better utensil.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

Sometimes I imagine the "hyperentropic oven" that cooks 10 times as fast and requires a 240V 75A circuit (supplies power 10 times as fast).

BTW, since this is a fantasy device, I can add the "uncook" button to use if something gets overcooked.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

That Monkey Ward has mechanical controls. A spring wound timer and a start button. Lightning is not likely to hurt it much.

Reply to
gfretwell

The old TVs had round CRTs and they just masked the rectangular area where the picture was with the wood enclosure. That was how the diagonal measurement was established. It was originally the diameter of the tube phosphor area and the actual picture was smaller, even measured diagonally because the edges of the phosphor were not really useable.

Reply to
gfretwell

Easy enough to sell to people that think you can make cold.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

But why couldnt' all that be put on top, or on the bottom, so the mw would be narrower but taller. That's what John wants.

Reply to
micky

You can, it's called a fridge. You move the heat out of the object and push it into the kitchen. There's no reason I can think of that that cold couldn't be shoved inside the food by means of some kind of microwave type radiation.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

My microwave is plugged into a 240V 30A circuit. Every British house has a 240V 30A circuit. All the sockets in the house (or in large houses half of them) share this circuit. So you could sell me a microwave with two plugs on it to take all 30A (well 26, near enough). Just as long as I didn't only plug one in and touch the other....

That reminds me, I once needed to move the plug of a multiway adapter from one socket to another, without turning off the computer connected to one of the outlets on it. So I made a wire with a plug on each end. I plugged one into one of the adapter sockets and the other into another wall outlet, to keep it running while I shifted it. Needless to say the double plugged wire was a little unsafe :-)

Everything in life needs "edit, undo". The trouble is I sometimes subconsciously think it will, I'm so used to being able to make a mistake on a computer and just press undo. Then I go and do something in real life that cannot be undone.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I think you're onto something there; I believe the American military is testing a new kind of death ray in Area 51 which freezes the insides of the enemy.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I seem to recall a Philips one in the early days - no turntable. Controls on top.

Reply to
John

I use a splayd.

Jane Black

Thank you for noticing.

BTW, is Arlen your father?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes, you can remove heat but you cannot make cold. Once people realize that important factor of thermodynamics they they can comprehend and work with heating and cooling systems better.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

With no standing time I can defrost in 5 minutes. Standing would probably add another 5 minutes, doubling the wait.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why were you looking between your legs when you said that?

That reminds me of a review I once read about mobile phones - "Anything more than about four inches and people can have difficulty gripping it."

A complete redesign is required.

Hey, what happened to "radio wave cookers"?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey