INDUCTION COOKING? OT.

DO YOU HAVE ONE? HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? ANY OPINIONS ON THIS FORM OF COOKING?

DO THE PANS MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE OR DO YOU NEED SPECIAL POTS AND PANS? T/Y.

Reply to
Papa Pat

On Sunday 06 January 2013 22:27 Papa Pat wrote in alt.home.repair:

Dude - Caps Lock...

Anyway - after my house renovation is done (ha) I was planning to fit a gas cooker - having despised all electric cookers to date (red ring, solid plate).

However, I needed a temporary ring in my not-yet-done kitchen, so I bought a

2.4kW portable single induction unit, figuring it could be handy for BBQs in the furture, for soup or onions or suchlike.

It's changed my opinion completely - I have only one pan that can be used with it - a heavy based induction capable wok. With the proviso I have not trie a gas cooker with a mega wok burner, this unit is more powerful than anything I have ever used before. I usually cook on 6 from 14 with the odd burst higher when needed.

However, turn it down to 1 or 2 and it can be trusted to heat milk with no burning or sticking.

Given the one thing I hate about gas cookers is cleaning the bloody things, I'm a convert. Fortunately I designed my kitchen cooker feed to be on a 32A circuit (at 230V) so I could either terminate an electric cooker or put a (british) 13A socket[1] on the end for a gas cooker. Gas is available nearby in either case.

[1] Nice side effect of having british fused plugs - 13A socket(s) on a 32A radial feed is an approved circuit without changing the breaker.

The only thing I find surprising this side of the pond is that there are almost no freestanding induction cookers available, so I guess it will have to be built in. OK, looks neater, but a little more painful when it dies.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Please have caps lock key repaired.

.

DO THE PANS MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE OR DO YOU NEED SPECIAL POTS AND PANS? T/Y.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Need iron content. Place magnet on bottom to test pot.

I don't use one.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

WHY DO PEOPLE GET SO IRATE ABOUT CAPS? DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY AND JUST LIKE TO SEE YOURSELF IN PRINT? NO, I REALLY DON'T WANT THE HISTORY OF BITCHING ABOUT CAPS.

Reply to
mike

Since 99% of what we've read (and learned to read) all our lives is not in all-caps, it's harder to read something that's in all caps.

Similarly with misspelled words, lack of punctuation, etc.

If you want people to respond, you're more likely to get actual assistance if you follow the social norms. That's all.

Reply to
missingchild

Help me out....do you want an answer to your question about people's feelings towards all caps or do you just like to see yourself in print?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Maybe you could check Amazon. NuWave is one brand of induction cooker. There are probably plenty of comments there.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Check out archives of rec.food.cooking as it has been discussed at length there many times.

Most people that have them like them. Yes, you need steel content cookware with very flat bottoms.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thank you for those that offered some helpful comments. I do apologize for all caps. I use them for my poor eyesight. I am 73 yrs. young and fallin' apart fast.

I will go elsewhere for some comments.

It's just that I do lurk here quite a bit and see that MOST of you guy's are very, very knowledgable. So sorry.

Oh, and DUDE, my caps key is not stuck or broken. DUDE the top poster...have your brain unlocked, you've been pissing off peeps for years. FWIW, I never read your post's. So go and try to grow a brain, or look up the Wizard Of Oz.

Reply to
Papa Pat

Just a helpful suggestion: There are multiple ways to increase the size of the material on your screen to make it easier for you to read.

e.g. Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, 125% to 130%.

I sympathize with your situation, but posting in all caps to solve an eyesight issue really only helps with your side of the post since most of us are not going to respond in all caps. Even if you asked us to, we'd probably suggest an alternative method since you would never be able to get everyone, everywhere to post, send emails or build websites in all caps just to help you out.Trust me, it's nothing personal! ;-)

Never? Then how did you know that he requested that you get your caps lock repaired? ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What belongs to my post?

.

Never? Then how did you know that he requested that you get your caps lock repaired? ;-)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

At least not out loud.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Amazon does not sell the NuWave Induction heater. The NuWave Induction heater is only sold through the TV ad and is a big ripoff with shipping and handling. Here are comment sites, mostly bad.

willshak

Derby person said;

Yeah, well! How do you know the sun will rise tomorrow? There are peeps who quote what the Moron says. Did you ever notice that? I did...

And so, from those quotes, I get what the DUDE says. Get it? So I NEVER click on his/it's comment...And so, what does it matter to you, if I do, OR don't read the mormons response? Are you his mama?

Again, I apologize to the group.

Reply to
Papa Pat

What's got your panties in a wad?

I added a smiley after my question so you should have realized that i was picking on you. You answered my question, so why not just leave it at that?

By the way...what happened to all caps? Did you adjust your computer as I suggested? Note: That's another question.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I think it is a law of nature: Only on TV = ripoff. Ditto QVC, HSN.

Reply to
Existential Angst