microwaves

Twice I have replaced the lamp and the turntable motor. The first lot were returned as perhaps faulty, well the lamp did not work and the turntable only worked with the door open. Second set installed with exactly the same results.

As far as I know I did not alter anything beyond swapping the parts. Anyone familiar with this phenomenon?

It's a Neff, about 10 years old Cheers

Reply to
Jeweller

Twice I have replaced the lamp and the turntable motor. The first lot were returned as perhaps faulty, well the lamp did not work and the turntable only worked with the door open. Second set installed with exactly the same results.

As far as I know I did not alter anything beyond swapping the parts. Anyone familiar with this phenomenon?

It's a Neff, about 10 years old Cheers

Reply to
Jeweller

If the first motor you fitted ran at all, then clearly it wasn't faulty. Did you test the lamps, that's easy enough, visual inspection of the filament is usually enough.

Look carefully at the operation of the door interlock micro-switches, there are usually three of them, maybe you put some strain on the assembly when you were working on the machine.

Reply to
Graham.

then clearly the problem isn't the tt motor

Reply to
meow2222

Well, the bulb should be easy to check. but the problem is is there any power getting to it? As the motor worked with the door open, then this sounds like a switching issue to me. It might be logic if its an electronic controlled one with a display. Might be time to pension it off. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Wow - sounds so screwed up, it was probably only generating microwaves when the door was open. I would suggest you don't continue trying to repair it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel