OT: uneven cooking in microwaves

Can't you make the combi do both at once?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Your country is getting there slowly.

I used to have a home made solar system. It would run some of the house circuits off the inverter automatically, depending on the battery level. It was switched with a large relay between mains and inverter.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Have those people never seen those devices? Almost everyone in the UK has one, mostly from Sky TV.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I always recorded everything. Every so often I'd scan through the listings and select hundreds of things to record. Then watch stuff whenever I had free time. I had to dismantle the box and upgrade the disk capacity as I never could keep up.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It should be give a leak :-)

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I wish they'd invent proper universally used names for those things. There's about 10 names for those. And 10 for those USB memory sticks.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I thought it was the other way round. The good ones now use stirrers. The first ones I ever saw all had turntables.

Can the cavity not be made a distance that isn't a multiple of the wavelength, so there's no standing waves created?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Is it all for you?

Plenty kinds of radiation.

Yet.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Only for things like cookers and water heaters. I was talking about general purpose sockets (or outlets as he yanks call them). Back in the old days, the UK had round pin plugs, and they all had an individual wire to the fusebox, with no fuse in the plug.

My god, the UK did something sensible?

It's not possible to handle it any other way.

I take it a jesus cord is a wire with a plug on each end? Searching for it on google only produced religious nonsense.

I call it a fuse box. I could accept circuit breaker box, or even breaker box. But consumer unit is far too generic, it could mean anything. Any object which a consumer operates - a microwave, a washing machine, a bath, ....

I'm surprised they didn't try to bill you for all that free electricity.

Can you remember back a couple of minutes of audio? Let's say you're having a conversation with someone stood in front of you. Can you not remember precisely what they just said, including their accent, intonations etc? And also any sounds you heard like a dog barking or a car driving past?

How would dog shit increase memory ability?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If you chopped it in half first the microwaves could get all the way through.

Really? Instructions I've seen on food packets seem to have fairly similar times for both.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Anybody who sues someone for an action they did themselves is a f****ng idiot. And that especially includes the moron in America who spilt coffee on her pussy because she tried to balance an obviously hot drink in a stupid place while driving!

Of course it would still help, whatever the reason some bits are hotter than others, if you mix them up, you move the heat around.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I don't know if it was ever reduced, but she was a multimillion dollar idiot the first trial.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery