OT? Tire Stuff. To Fill Or Not To Fill With Nitrogen

To fill or not to phill. (pun intended) ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Tire Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

Unc,

Waste of time and money.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

I've always filled mine with 78% nitrogen.

Reply to
Frank

+1
Reply to
Meanie

No waste of time when you install the tires - nitrogen fill is as fast as atmospheric air. Not a waste of money if your tire shop doesn't charge extra. No cons to using nitrogen fill - some possible advantages as it is a "dry gas" fill - so no moisture going in to corrode rims - slightly less air pressure change with temperature, and a very small reduction in air pressure loss through the tire.

Would I pay extra for it on my car?? Not much.

Reply to
clare

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Oh boy this will open up some discussion. I like the Aussie. He uses curse words too. Makes me smile.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I have usually had good luck with this special mixture in my car tires

- 78 % nitrogen 21 % oxygen 1 % other :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

I called my tire shop and they said they didn't have that.

Reply to
micky

You can get that free on this newsgroup only it's usually hot...

Reply to
AL