OT: Kids and coffee etc

Are you supposed to put it out before drinking it?

If I saw that happening I'd laugh my head off, not scream and run around panicking. It's just a little fire, anyone with common sense can put it out themselves.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Not sure about drinks I've had other than my own, but I think I've never gone over 40% vol. I currently brew my own which is 20% after mixing. I still get a hoarse voice sometimes, probably because I drink so much of it.

Shoulda got real marble. I didn't even know there was a fake version.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You bet... I am still working so the year I switched from my employer's plan to Medicare was a wash as far as expense and coverage. Post Affordable Care Act, it's a no-brainer. The deductibles have increased to what used to be called disaster insurance and even with that the premiums have increased markedly.

Reply to
rbowman

Pussy water.

Yeah, and you Brits perfected it:

At the time I was living in a brownstone, a generic term for a late Victorian townhouse faced with brown sandstone. It had two functional fireplaces and one decorative one. The fake fireplace had the marbelized mantle.

It also had the original gaslight fixtures. I was surprised when I turned it on to find the gas was still on. Unfortunately I couldn't find mantles and globes.

Nice place but the 12 foot ceilings made it colder than hell in the winter.

Reply to
rbowman

No, I never did the flaming shots thing. It wastes alcohol.

Reply to
rbowman

On Tue 13 Jun 2017 09:42:57a, rbowman told us...

I switched to medicare 5 years before I retired at 70. In my cse the Medicare + my supplementa was substantially cheaper than the insurance through my employer. That was true for David, too, and during that span of time he went through two major surgeries which had $0 cost. On his company's plan the deductible and co-pay would hve been substantial. We have both had several mri's and other scans that would have had $1500 copays each on our company insurance. Nada with Medicarel

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I just drink more of it. Far too much of it, probably 5 times the maximum recommended amount of alcohol a day.

Only ever seen real marble, like this:

Loads on Ebay, although most are for camping lights. I see some for room lights.

I love high ceilings, and am in the process of raising mine. Low ceilings are claustrophobic.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

All insurance is a waste of money. They make a profit out of it. You're better just paying if you need to.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 03:28:06 +0100, Uncle Monster w= rote:

der 5 million people here. How the frak am I supposed to know some obscu= re guy in Florida? =E3=83=BD(=E3=83=85)=E3=83=8E

email him a lot and he disappeared. It's possible he's passed away.

y so I have the genes even though I don't have red hair. My maternal Ita= lian grandfather had brown eyes, jet black hair and a red beard. The gin= ger genes are mixed in my genetic heritage. =E3=83=BD(=E3=83=85)=E3=83=8E=

Black hair and a red beard is unusual.

-- =

Girl with skirt up run faster than boy with trousers down!!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I've had a few copays, $40 or so, nothing major. I'll admit I can't figure out the horsetrading that goes on between the provider, Medicare, and United Healthcare so I just pay the minor bills that trickle in months after the fact.

The first year when I dropped Blue Cross and switched to Medicare took some work to straighten out since Medicare was still pointing to Blue Cross as primary. Talking to CMS is like talking to any other agency vaguely related to the government. Since then it's went smoothly.

Reply to
rbowman