OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On 2/28/2016 4:44 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

It was a new car and had full coverage insurance.
--
Maggie

Ever heard of depreciation?
--
Archimedes principle: When a body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.

On 2/28/2016 5:44 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

In the USA we like big, fast cars. Our streets are larger than Europe and gas is less than half the price of Europe. Right now we can buy a gallon for $1.65 US or 1.2 GBP
Some of us do buy inexpensive economical cars, many of us like larger more luxurious cars with lots of goodies. I drive about 23,000 miles a year so I want to do it in comfort. Fact is, I can spend a lot less and still get to my destination. My choice was luxury.

Balance. Staying in a straight line. Avoiding any potholes.
--
We cannot see the future.
We cannot change the past.

My last motorcyle trip was to Flin Flon Manitoba with a friend back in July 2006. We were on the border with Saskatchewan looking at the map and considering continuing on but said 'nah' , we'll go back through Winnepeg! Funny thing though. All the way up to FF and back we were asked 'where you going?' . When we said FF the standard answer was ' are you crazy? are you nuts? nobody goes to FF! '. Even from a RCMP cop and at the customs booth in International Falls Minn.! But it was a good trip not to be regretted. Now I'm too old and disabled to ride due to MS but the memories are good. phil k. 69 yrs old...

On the subject of health and softy shooting itself in the foot, there have been many more deaths in boxing since they started wearing gloves.
--
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

On 2/13/2016 10:53 PM, rbowman wrote:

My older brother owns his own rig and travels all over the place. Makes a good living at it.
--
Maggie

I cut in if 15 cars in a row don't bother letting me out. I usually wait for the one with the brightest DRLs. If he ever gets out and moans at me, I'll say "but you flashed me.... no? Why did you leave your full beam on then?"
--
"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting." - Ronald Reagan

On 2/13/2016 1:01 AM, rbowman wrote:

A lady in a mini-van looked straight at a motor cyclist coming towards her in the opposite lane and still turned left in front of him. The guy on the motor cycle ended up laying the motor cycle down on it's side and he got injured. She did stop at that point and took responsibility for her actions.
--
Maggie

Look up "crying wolf". The more things lit up, the less you will notice the few things that used to be lit up like motorbikes. Motorbikes are no longer standing out from cars.
If you can't see a car without a light on it, please surrender your license immediately.
--
Cindy once remarked to her dentist that she didn't know what would be worse - having a baby, or having a tooth pulled.
The Dentist replied, "Well make up your mind, Cindy - because I need to know which way to position the chair."

Mr Parrott. you are crazy. Daylighting makes ALL vehicles more visible.. If other cars on the road are a distraction to you, you should quit driving and stay aff the road.
On Friday, February 12, 2016 at 11:25:21 AM UTC-6, trader_4 wrote:

I do not like cars with forced lights.
Shortens lifespan of expensive bulbs.
Andy
philo wrote:

There are so many absent minded jerks. One has to see and be seen on the road, specially dark colored cars. Another one, signal flashing on and on without changing lane or turning. Or not signalling at all. I can adjust auto light sensor sensitivity if I need to on my car.
On 2/12/2016 12:06 PM, KenK wrote:

It is a peeve of mine too. I figure it is just stupidity. Fortunately, many cars now have automatic lights that overcome dumb drivers.
Last week I was on the highway on a dark, rainy, early morning. The blind spot detection lit up. Since I was alone on the road I figured the rain was giving a false reading. Nope, some idiot with no lights on passed me.