OT, Golf Anyone?

Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Strangest Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

I think that's the guy who never picks up the check at the restaurant!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

golf course. o_O

Best youtube comment ever:

SB 20 hours ago I once came across an alligator on a golf course. The trick was to hit the ball into its mouth hard enough for it to roll completely through and come out the alligator's tail onto the green. I found that if you hit it just ri ght, the ball would then bounce off the back rail and into the hole.? ?

Cousin Putt-Putt Monster

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That is not unusual at all in Florida. I hit this one with a ball about 5 miles from the Buffalo Creek course where that one was.

gfretwell

Yes, but I play it a little differently. My version involves a .357 and is really rough on the balls.

Reply to
rbowman

Don't play but once saw a golfer at Hilton Head poking at a large gator with his golf club. A caddy was driving a couple of us around the course to show us the gators. He said the golfer was crazy to do what he did.

Also saw a couple of guys in the Everglades try to lift a branch shading a gator in the water off the path to take a good picture of it. Gator opened his mouth and guys took off. Fortunately gator did not come after them.

Reply to
Frank

The weakness in a gator's attack is they do not turn well so you try to stay beside them. On a straight run, they will catch most people. Just be careful they don't "turn" you into the water.

Reply to
gfretwell