OT: Bins with other people's wrong stuff in them

Hence the "caution and attention to detail" Guys who develop new loads go very slowly, watching the effects they make with small incremental changes. It is a whole different art, best left to people with the right measuring equipment, who know how to "read" fired brass and look for the other signs of pressures that are going too high.

Reply to
gfretwell

Ah, that's the problem. You use Americans as jurors.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I would have thought there'd be a distance limit, as in not within x yards of another property.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The problem arises when you miss. Same goes for fishermen and lead weights.

It leads to cool youtube videos.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

... and the ones who don't know how to get out of jury duty

Reply to
gfretwell

There is, typically "X" hundred feet "from an occupied building or space". In the city they know you can't get that far away so they just say no discharge of a firearm. (except cops, drug dealers and guys who catch their wife in bed with another guy)

Reply to
gfretwell

So in a city you can't shoot a burglar?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I'd like to get INTO jury duty, to make a difference.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Not in the "blue" ones. I know a guy who went to jail for beating up an intruder. (the guy did die)

Reply to
gfretwell

I would be OK in a criminal trial but when they interviewed my to be a jury member in a medical malpractice suit, I answered "I think doctors, lawyers and insurance companies are a fiscal perpetual motion machine that raises the price of everything we buy and everything we do" They told me I could leave and they never called me back.

Reply to
gfretwell

I whispered 'jury nullification' and that was good for about 20 years of peace and quiet. There must be a statute of limitations because I got the postcard informing I was up this spring.

Reply to
rbowman

Right. The last jury I was on resulted in a mistrial when the prosecution realized he didn't have a case 15 minutes in. The judge chewed his ass and apologized to us for wasting our time.

I thought Law 101 was to know what your star witness was going to say before you called her but the idiot must have gotten his degree from Trump U.

Reply to
rbowman

The gist of it is "Such property owner also has a responsibility to conduct his shooting in such a way that he does not carelessly put his neighbors at risk."

Reply to
rbowman

I don't miss :) Since all I hunt anymore is cardboard or spinners the lead winds up in the berm. A thousand years from now some geologist can figure out the massive lead deposits.

Reply to
rbowman

I disagree. A baseball bat is round, so the point of contact with the skull is smaller, so more concentrated. Much more force per square inch, more likely to break a bone.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Not sure what you mean. Were you threatening to throw the verdict?

I never get bloody asked, it's not fair!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Tue, 01 Aug 2017 02:42:16 +0100, Uncle Monster w= rote:

as no way I could serve because I was self employed and would get servic= e calls all hours of the day and night. I called the county clerk and to= ld her that if I was on a jury, I would vote "Not Guilty" no matter what= . I've never received another notice. Now that I'm not working, I have t= he time but my medical problems would keep me from serving on a jury. On= e of my medications, a diuretic, causes me to urinate, a lot. Tinkle, ti= nkle, tinkle, tinkle,.... =E3=83=BD(=E3=83=85)=E3=83=8E

Have you noticed the other hospital beds have moved slowly away from you= ?

-- =

I have the world's oldest typewriter - it prints in pencil

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I thought if that happened the jury went to another trial. In the UK I think you're taken for "at least x days, or more if the trial hasn't finished".

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Not that bad, although it could add up to quite a lot in an afternoon's shooting.

I didn't think they were that expensive!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I wouldn't mind a medical malpractice suit, as long as there weren't gory details of blood, or I'd pass out.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword