O.T. Help transfering video to my phone or Home computer

I could use some help with my Canon Vixia HFR700 video camera.

I took some video of a dog trying to attack me.

The animal control officer needs that video in order to issue a citation.

I have no card reader.

Is there any other way to send that video to either to my smart phone or home computer system?

I looked at all the cables that the camera came with but nothing would allow transfer of files.

Reply to
AK

Perhaps by using Canon's instructions here:

Looks like you need Canon software on the PC, and a USB-USB cable

Reply to
retired1

It records onto a SD card. Modern laptops have SD card slots that work fast & simple. Call in a favor ie: borrow the use of one for 10 minutes :

: SD card --> laptop temp folder : temp. folder --> usb stick

Transferring photos / videos from my Sony P&S camera to my laptop via the usb cord is _much_ slower that using the SD card slot.

Perhaps the computers at the Public Library have SD slots ?

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Does one of the cables connect to the computer? Like a USB connector?

If so, from the computer you should be able to read and copy what is one the camera

If that does not apply, check here for more information

Ed P

Thanks for all the responses.

None of my cables will fit in what I think is a micro usb port on the video camera.

A friend will let me borrow his card reader.

Andy

Reply to
AK

I don't think dogs should be rewarded for trying to attack someone.

Something like this?:

I only push walmart because they are everywhere, although even to Baltmiore it has to be shipped arrivign Nov 9 or 10.

So you might as well go with Bestbuy if there's one near you and it's in stock, but I didn't find a bestby link.

Or ebay. Thish shops from china, probably takes too long, but has two sizes of usb plugs

Or amazon,
is the one from ebay/china but you can have it qucker
has 3 choices, and for me, I'd get choice 3, which has usb-a and usb-c, for my cell phone. I vote for this one. Another one there has mini-usb, which isn't used much anymore, and not on phones afaik.

You can carry this with your camera so if you run out of space on the internal sd for the camera or phone you can offload some of it.

Reply to
micky

For the future you can buy a micro usb to usb adapter on Ebay for a few bucks or a whole cable for a bit more.

Reply to
trader_4