O.T. Car camping

It's not the cheapest but it's the only one that claims to handle bead leaks. Alloy rims tend to have that problem. On one of my bikes I could spray soapy water around the rim and watch the bubbles form. Being lazy I decided to give it a try last spring. It worked and the pressure held all summer.

I also have a studded tire on an alloy rim that was leaking. I'd had it back to the tire shop but it still would bleed down. I used it when I mounted the studs last month and so far it's holding at 36 psi.

I didn't notice any balance problems either on the bike or the car. There is an injector where you can measure a specific amount or the the pouches come with a tube so you can wing it. It also includes a core remover and a valve stem cap so you can tell which tire it's in. It seems to clean up better than Slime if you spill any.

Reply to
rbowman

AK is usually fishing...

Reply to
rbowman

The kind of slow-leak I experienced was a few psi a month. I had to pump it up every 3 months. You can never see bubbles if you spray soap and water for a leak that slow.

Your product's website has a dosage guideline. According to that table, my car should have used 4 oz per tire. I put a whole 16 oz bottle of Slime into my tire. No wonder the tire was out of balance.

Compact Car, Mid-size Sedan, Motorcycle For tires up to p215/50/17

4oz per tire

Full-size Sedan, Crossover, Small Pickup Truck/SUV For tires up to p245/65/18

6oz per tire

Full-size Pickup Truck or SUV For tires over p245/65/18

8oz per tire
Reply to
invalid unparseable