Car trunk smell

I drive a Volvo S60. Two days ago the car had a bad odor. After investigating, I found out the smell was from the trunk. I did not carry anything in the trunk. It smell like dead animal, like rotten fish. I spray Fabrezze but it's still smell. Please help.

Reply to
Simmy

Supposedly, throwing a bunch of crumpled newspaper in a container will take the smell away. The paper eventually absorbs the smell. I wonder if a mouse got into the trunk.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

A couple bags of charcoal work better than newspaper, but the source of the smell needs to be determined and removed.

Reply to
clare

Look under the car to find the dead animal.

Reply to
Dan Espen

If it's mildew, check for water leaks. Try some vinegar spray.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

We can post images at a multitude of image hosting sites. We can post audio and video via youtube.

Is anyone working on the technology required to post odors?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Smell-O-Vision, see:

Not quite posting, but it has been on the wish list of advertisers for a long time.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Old news and not even close to "posting".

Images and videos help us solve problems for others. Coordinated movie theater fragrances do not.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

look in the well under the spare tire for stagnant water.

makolber

Serving decaf in Derbyville this morning?

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

As you seem to be somewhat humorless this morning, here is a link to information which is more relevant.

"Digital scent technology (or olfactory technology) is the engineering discipline dealing with olfactory representation. It is a technology to sense, transmit and receive scent-enabled digital media (such as web pages, video games, movies and music). This sensing part of this technology works by using olfactometers and electronic noses......"

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Now that's more like it.

Reply to