Nobody was listening.

That is what is known as an oversimplification, but that is probably too big a word for you. Try to find a grownup person to explain it to you, if you know any.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional.

Reply to
The Watcher

Well yeah. They're easier to get into the stew pot that way.

Reply to
G Henslee

It's obvious you don't get it.

Reply to
FDR

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:42:37 GMT, "FDR" wrote: (snip)

It's obvious that you haven't learned that life isn't as simple as many people would like it to be. Many people learn that lesson at some point in their lives. Some don't.

Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional.

Reply to
The Watcher

The problem as I see it is that some wish to make some very simple things complex while at the same time attempting simple-minded solutions to complex problems.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

You need to quit masturbating so much.

Reply to
G Henslee

Reply to
G Henslee

Nor you will never get a sensible reply from this FDR nitwit.

Reply to
G Henslee

So what? You think by arguing with this tard day after day about looters, the NRA and every other OT subject known to man, like these other nimrods do with him makes their postings any better?

Fuck you and the FDR you rode in on...

Reply to
G Henslee

No. That would only attract the does. I shoot bucks.

Uhh, those are the ones with the horns.

Reply to
G Henslee

Of which _you_ are the primary offender/hypocrite.

Go piss on a fire hero... .

Reply to
G Henslee

Wrong inbred. I love lesbians. In fact I'm a male lesbian. I love women.

Reply to
G Henslee

True to form...

Reply to
G Henslee

"The Watcher" people

Yep. I wish some other people here with the "kill the looter" mentality would understand that.

Reply to
FDR

You do m*******te while waiting in the bush to shoot an innocent beautiful deer?

Reply to
Dave Jefford

You must be a battle harden Neo-Con that hated gays and lesbians?

Reply to
Dave Jefford

Birds of the same feathers stick together and they carry the same NRA cards.

Reply to
Dave Jefford

We will not miss you should you get a heart attack!

Reply to
Dave Jefford

I think that is pretty much the point. There are instances where society breaks down. In NOLA, that breakdown was characterized by widespread lawlessness. Criminals did not see any consequences for their actions, so they went on a spree. They finally restored order, and society, by shooting a few of them.

If you think for a moment, there is both law and precedent supporting self defense and justifiable homicide. An on-the-spot death penalty IS justice, albeit of the sudden kind. It is not so arbitrary as you might think. Certainly anyone who killed someone will eventually have to face an investigation into their actions, and civil authorities will have to determine if it was a criminal act or not.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

There is no way to rescue innocent people in the absence of civil order. Fire fighters were being shot at. One blog out of NOLA wondered, "Who the hell shoots at firefighters?" Just this last week, a telephone lineman was shot at. Who the hell shoots at telephone linemen?

The absence of civil order may have killed as many people as the hurricane. There's your logic. Eventually, the highest civil authority in the land ordered troops to shoot looters on sight. They did it to save the lives of innocent people. There's your justice.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell