No "NO Vacancy" signs. OH TEE

I haven't seen a "no vacancy" sign at a motel for years. Any ideas why that courtesy fell out practice? The closest I've seen lately was a note on the door of a motel I stayed at one night.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

It is still common in resort areas on smaller mom and pop places.

Reply to
gfretwell

I think someone asked this awhile back? Around the upper Midwest they are still very common.

Reply to
bob_villa

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

are now smart phone apps used to find hotel/motel rooms. Of course, I don' t have one of those smart-ass phones so I wouldn't know anyway. ¯\_(?)_/ ¯

They were economical, saved the hourly rate at the no tell...

Reply to
Tekkie®