Mouse or Mole or something else ??

I just found some little dead animal in my basement. I caught him on my little sticky pad I use to catch little bugs or spiders. I thought for sure it was a baby mouse, it looks identical, until a close up revealed that it had a beak on it's face ??? Just like a little bird would have. What type of animal looks identical to a mouse but has a beak on it does anyone know ??? Thanks.

Reply to
car crash

Sounds like a mole

Reply to
RBM

Some moles don't HAVE faces!

HeyBub

Sounds like a mole and the one I saw in my back yard sure didnt look like the picture given on that website but maybe there are different types.

Reply to
jim