@#$% Moen faucet handle...

I have an old Moen faucet in my bathroom... it's one of those single handle deals. In a fit of domesticity, I removed the handle (clear plastic) and scrubbed off all the built up lime etc. so it looked nice. Now the plastic cap that hides the mounting screws won't stay on- it's retained by an O-ring. I went to the local plumbing place and bought a new O-ring that looked the same as the old one, and it worked for maybe

2-3 days - I just brushed my teeth and when I pushed the handle to turn the water off, the cap stuck to the palm of my hand and now it's sitting on the counter again.

Does anyone know where I could mail-order a replacement handle? this thing's got to be at least 30 years old because the PO's of my house weren't the type of people that I'd expect to replace fixtures. Or should I just buy a new faucet and be done with it? I was kind of putting that off because I suspect a full bath redo is in the vague future.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Mine did the same, i just put some latex caulk on a spot as a glue and know where I have to pry up next time.

Reply to
ransley

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news7.newsguy.com:

Our kitchen single handle spray fixture developed a leak. Moen would send replacement parts for free, or send a totally new faucet for ($64.20 including 2-day shipping).

Call Moen and ask them what can be done.

(the caulk mentioned by ransley seems a good solution as well!!)

Reply to
Han

Well, what can I say? I ordered new knobs from Moen and they arrived fairly quickly. The cap of one of the knobs fit perfectly while the cap of the other was loose just like yours! Use a bit of caulking to stick the cap on.

Reply to
Worn Out Retread