Kohler faucet - water drips back through supply line.

I have a problem in two of my bathroom sinks - if water splashes on the faucet, it drips back under the counter - along the cold water supply hose.

I tried putting water at the base of the faucet, that does not leak down.

As best as I can tell, if water splashes around the handle, it gets inside the faucet, and then down the counter and slides down the cold water supply tubing.

I am wondering if I should purchase a faucet kit, open the thing up and see if I can figure it out - but if anyone has tips, please post here! The faucet is a single handle Kohler faucet.

Reply to
B Wooster

Yeah, a number of faucet designs are like that. There really isn't any closure underneath the spout area. I think the best you can do is caulk the opening, if you can access it from above. Or, complain to Kohler...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Which one, might I ask?

JSH

Reply to
Julie

This is what it looks like - not sure if this is the exact model, but the one I have looks exactly like this:

|114002|&count=2 Coralais Single Control Centerset Lavatory Faucet

Reply to
B Wooster

Simple solution. Call Kohler customer service. Get the parts list for your faucet. Ask what parts are needed for the repair if you can't fogure it out. Order parts. Repair faucet. There now, wasn't that easy? HTGH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst