Wobbly faucet

?Our house came with a Grohe kitchen faucet. I don't have the model number but it's a single post-type faucet with controls and flex pipe for the wand all in the same counter top opening. The problem is that it's loose and I cannot figure out how to tighten it.

The part coming through the counter top seems to be nylon. There is a loose rubber O-type ring that is half-way compressed with what appears to be a piece of cast bronze with an open D shape. I cannot tell if the bronze piece slides into a grove to wedge it down, screws on threads to compress and hold the faucet in place or what it's supposed to do. When I try turning the D shaped piece of bronze, the entire faucet rotates and it seem solidly locked to the nylon piece.

Any ideas?

Mark

Reply to
Mark M

Have you gone under the sink to see how it is fastened? A wise person taught me years ago to install the faucet with the sink out on a table-top or on the counter. That way you can get at everything, and tighten the faucet properly. Once the faucet is tightened down, then you mount the sink in the opening. One of the best pieces of advice I have ever gotten. Even with the faucet wrenches that you can buy, it is still much easier to tighten everything down while you can get at things easily.....

Reply to
hrhofmann
?

Yes, I was under the sink this morning, with flashlight, looking for a way to tighten it. I'd assumed that it was typical, with a threaded "nut" that would cinch the faucet to the counter top. Instead, it was some strange thing using the mentioned cast bronze "d"-shaped device. I don't know whether to try turning it, or treating it like a wedge and squeezing it into the fitting. That's where I'm hoping someone familiar with a H. Grohe kitchen faucet installation can help.

In this particular kitchen, it is now virtually impossible to remove the granite top to get to the faucet's underside, due to the length of the counter.

Your advice is very well appreciated, however, since I "dry fit" most things when possible.

Mark

Reply to
Mark M

Not to bust your balls but this is the very first thing I saw when I did a google search on Grohe faucets:

If you will select the faucet that most closely approximates yours, then follow the links to More Details > Technical Product Information. That's where it has its installation instructions along with exploded diagrams, etc.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Hanig

Jay Hanig wrote in news:SaKdnd7hrazj6S3RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Also, maybe like Moen, they put the model on the back of the spout base (normally faces the back wall above sink). Turn neck all the way to right or left to see the back from the side.

Reply to
Red Green

Many thanks, Jay, for the excellent link. I can see the D-shaped piece in the exploded view. It's probably my computer's resolution, but I can't see how it's fastened in. The dimensional drawings suggest that the disk is wedged in place with screws, similar to a disposal.

Mark

Reply to
Mark M

replying to Mark M, Nancy K wrote: Hi Mark, Did you ever solve this issue? I'm having the same problem with my Grohe kitchen faucet.

Reply to
Nancy K

Well, for the first time I looked at the link for the full context. If I knew the answer to this one, I'd give it. But I'm not going to look again and no one else on ahr wlll either. If you want your problem solved, post the entire problem.

Reply to
micky