I cried...

Boy are you ever a mixed up puppy.

Reply to
salty

No one will have you?

Reply to
salty

It is pretty much the same Dem party. Barney Franks, Pelosi and same old timers are in control. Obama is hardly the only Democrat involved, even assuming he turns out to be different in the long run. Which the cynic in me is waiting to see.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Look again. They just got a new honcho. Lets wait and see how the first few confrontations go before we go jumping to completely unfounded conclusions about who is in charge and what direction we are headed. I didn't vote for Obama, but I'm very hopeful that he works out. We need to do much better than we have on so many fronts. Maybe he's the answer, and maybe he's a dud. We really don't know yet.Not even his biggest supporters know that yet. Lets give him a little breathing room to show us what he can do before we decide to bury him.

Yep, cynicism is a very positive outlook that always gets things done, and in the best way.

Reply to
salty

+1
Reply to
Cheri

Oh, and a Dem never used "Shrub", etc. The misspellings are much more of a indication of the level of the poster, not the party they may (or more likely may not) belong to.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

We'll see. The honcho is at one end of Pennsylvania Ave and I am talking about the other end. Hard to think that old dogs will change their stripes (hopelessly muddle the metaphor).

Worked for me through both Dem and GOP administrations. Lots easier to be pleasantly surprised that way.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Watched c-span today, discussing Obama. Cut the British accents and it could have been a Rep/Dem fight :o) Claimed they had the worst housing market in the world.....I'm sure they were Brits :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Sort of reminds me of those great Texas Democrats a few years back who left the state to hide out rather than compromise. The democratic answer is always to run from responsibility.

Reply to
BobR

That is something that the majority of people in this country totally ignore. You are not participating in the process by just voting in the presidential election every four years. Just the opposite, you are in effect supporting the worst that the two parties have to offer. If you really want a government that represents you...you must get involved at every level from the local precinct to the oval office.

Reply to
BobR

BobR wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

Politicians don't break promise. They just delay them because of unforeseen circumstances. Eventualy it's "I still commit to that promise and will get it done next term."

Reply to
Red Green

Yep, I intentionally misspelled their names but I learned it from you craps so just give it a break or would you like for me to post the many misspellings for Bush, McCain, and Palin?

There was no more hate coming from the McCain campaign than from the Obama campaign. Anyone who says otherwise suffers from a case of blinders.

I agree and I think IMHO it's time to put all that behind us. We'll pick it back up where we left off in 2012. ;-)

Olddog

Reply to
retired54

It is nice to see someone who actually knows what he is talking about still surviving among the kool-aid drinkers here.

Reply to
Bob F

By eactly who? You are trying to tell me that he is left of Bernie Sanders? You are an idiot.

Says who? You? You are an Idiot.

Reply to
Bob F

Obama is no where near the center except when he is trying to get elected. If you had really looked into Obama's past and what he stands for you would know that. Instead you listened only to the election lies and fell for them hook line and sinker.

******************************************************8

Yep. All of america just "fell for the lies". Either that, or you're a wacko.

Reply to
Bob F

LOL! you guys are clueless.

Reply to
Bob F

Actually he was probably paid around a million in salary, that is the most that can be deducted. The rest is most likely in bonuses and stock options that receive favorable tax treatment (and have for years, back to the early 90s) because these kinds of things align the interests of the boss with the shareholders according to the wiz kids in Congress who write the laws. The upshot is that CEOs now receive orders of magnitude more money than even the most out of control board would have had the balls to give them and the CEOs are remotely in line with the shareholders because so much of their pay comes from options and bonuses that they feel the need to cook the books. Most of the really nasty things where they play with the books have been since the tax lawyers were changed. Oops. They send out so much

For most of the last 30 years, the annual report on a health care expenditures have consistently found that less than 20% of all expenditures for healthcare come out of the pocket of the individual (including the o-o-p part of the premium). When you have something that is 80% subsidized, let alone the weirdness that ensues because of the divorce from the entity paying for a service (your employer) and the person actually using the service (you), then you hardly have a market in any sense of the word. I have long thought that before we give up on free markets in healthcare, maybe we should actually TRY it first.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

It's a good thing the McCain that gave the concession speach wasn't the same one that we were running against. He might have had a chance. The McCain in the election was a completely different person, and a clear loser.

Reply to
Bob F

There was no more hate coming from the McCain campaign than from the Obama campaign. Anyone who says otherwise suffers from a case of blinders.

It is you with the blinders.

Reply to
Bob F

Absolutely.