I cried...

You won't hear an argument from me. It seems we pick full bore left or right. Clearly the republicans main purpose was to enrich the fat cats by fostering a totally opaque "free market economy". But electing Obama is just a total move to the other direction. I have pride in our country and I don't want a president that the "world would have elected" as is touted with Obama because the world wants the US to be weaker and diminished in stature. Thats what Obama stands for.

They left me behind with the opaque "free market" which got us into a situation that was so leveraged and convoluted that no one could understand.

Exactly, I don't want to drink only either red or blue kool-aid.

Reply to
George

Tell that to the baby that gets thrown into the closet to die after a botched abortion.

Reply to
badgolferman

Quite the opposite.

It's a little late, isn't it, to continue quoting the tired rhetoric of the failed McCain campaign, unparalleled in recent electoral history in its lying, vicious, distortion of their opponent's words.

(And, it must be added, the inability or unwillingness of certain elements of the electorate to seek out the original text and compare it with the distortions.)

What you're quoting is the Communist Manifesto. Sounds good on paper

- Jesus preached the same philosophy -- but it never worked long-term in the well-intentioned American communes of the 19th Century, and certainly never worked in the Soviet Union. That "communism" quickly deteriorated into a power struggle ending in a stultifying bureaucracy run by cruel dictators where inequality became even more glaring than under the Czars. And it was never remotely espoused by Obama, no matter how his opposition distorted his words to delude an unanalytic electorate.

People thrive when they are free to innovate, question, argue, complain. (Check your U.S. Constitution.)

And compete -- FAIRLY!!! -- not with the corporate dice loaded against the little guy/gal. Look at how much good has come out of (mostly!) honest competition in our system, as opposed to the lack of innovation in certain fatalistic Middle-Eastern theocratic systems which haven't done **** in the last thousand years.

President Obama is a very, very, very smart guy. He has studied history, unlike the outgoing empty suit, and unlike the war lover who opposed him. He knows the only way American can prosper is to put people to work on productive jobs that pay enough to support their families and stay in their homes..

There are SO many jobs just WAITING to be filled, once we get the White House fumigated to clear out the smell of those criminals who spent eight years selling out honest citizens for money stolen from our economy . Money we could have used at home was pissed away not only in illegal wars, but in profits skimmed by oil and other extractive industries, unegulated finance, Big Pharma and insurance

-- profits drained from the blood of our soldiers and Iraqui civilians in that war-build-on-lies. (You DO know that there are as many outsourced no-bid "contractor" gangsters in Iraq as there are military? The former without the most minimal accountability.)

About those jobs: Rebuild or replaces bridges, 50 and 75 years old before YOU drive on them and fall into the river.

Same for highways, badly deteriorated from decades of overuse before YOUR family's car is wrecked.

Restore national treasures such as the Florida Everglades. Begin to restore the Gulf wetlands that historically, buffered coastal cities from hurricanes -- but which have been destroyed by unregulated development. Enter Katrina...

Begin to restore forests that absorb carbon dioxide and exude oxygen

-- restore them from the ruined slopes left by rapacious clients of the Administration who strip them and ship to Japan to make chopsticks. Restore mountain tops blasted by rapacious coal barons and dumped into streams that choke wildlife.

Adequately fund and scientifically pursue alternative energy, rather than handing the prairie "red" states political pork in the form of an ill-conceived rush to corn-based ethanol.

Give children pre-natal and post-natal care and decent educations by qualified teachers from kindergarten through college, so they can become productive members of society instead of throw-aways who cost society dearly

Generously fund PURE science research -- not the industry-directed pork now ladeled out to bought&sold university to research institutes. That's how unfettered science can work to discover that gem which could better not only our lives, but those of the world.

That's "just" jobs -- not that they aren't BASIC to our future.

But there's also our good name to redeem.

We need to disavow torture and free innocents rounded up by bounty hunters and never accorded due process.

Maybe if we work together instead of misquoting and distorting, we can again become a light unto the world.

Reply to
apn96970

Sorry to hear about your unhappy childhood. Get a grip!

Reply to
salty

I think you underestimate this man.

Reply to
Bob F

Yeah I got my rights and left mixed up. Problem with staying up late and then trying to write coherently before my 6th cup of coffee. I should have said that I view Obama as much more LEFT than McCain is RIGHT of center.

I'll bite. Why not?

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Is he? I honestly don't know. His voting record says one thing; his words say both things. And in the end, what he believes or what he "is" doesn't even matter; it's what he *does* as President that will count. And I can honestly say that I have no idea how he's going to govern. From the center? From the left? I don't know, and I have nothing on which to base a judgement. I've heard people in the media this morning asking "Who is Obama?" It might have been a good idea to ask that question before we elected him....

Reply to
Mike Granby

snipped-for-privacy@forteinc.com wrote in news:UebQk.234250$1p1.208526@en-nntp-

08.dc1.easynews.com:

Yes we can!!

Reply to
SteffanKing

Obama is no where near the center except when he is trying to get elected. If you had really looked into Obama's past and what he stands for you would know that. Instead you listened only to the election lies and fell for them hook line and sinker.

Reply to
BobR

What...you don't want to follow the example that the Democrats have set for the last eight years? OK, I will give him a chance but I will also be keeping score on the number of promises that he breaks.

Reply to
BobR

Not half as much as you over esttimate him.

Reply to
BobR

The political parties accurately reflect the views of their membership. If you want them to change, get active in the party of your choice and become an advocate.

It's the "independent" voter who's the most dependent of all. He has no say in who the candidates will be, he has no voice in the platform, policies, or practices of either party. After the election, he has no influence or power over the elected officials.

To a politician, an independent voter is like a dust storm. He shows up once every four years, creates a mess and much confusion, and has to be dealt with. After that, he's ignored until next time.

Reply to
HeyBub

I didn't get the memo. What damage over the last eight years? If you're talking about the financial mess, everything was fine until the Democrats took over Congress.

Reply to
HeyBub

You are missing a lot more than a memo, Blub.

Reply to
salty

I blame the nomination of John McCain on one of two things:

a) open primaries

b) backroom dealings to set him up as the fall guy for this election.

The "compassionate conservatism" of George W. Bush did the most to derail the Republican Party than anything else. Good riddance to all the RINOs. Time to rebuild with those who share the same core beliefs.

Reply to
badgolferman

Which is pretty much the Dem's view of bipartisanship too. GW's trust in the concepts of bipartisanship were forged in Daddy's administration, especially the outcome of the Budget Mugging... er Summit 1990. The Dems said they wouldn't come to the table without a "bi-partisan" agenda that included both tax increases and budget cuts. When Daddy responded in a bipartisan manner and gave in on tax cuts, the Dems proceeded to pound him soundly about the face and head with "read my lips". Oh, and they sorta forgot to get around to the cuts. Both sides have for a long time viewed bipartisanship as "you lay down and take it whilst I do whatever I want". And this was pretty much independent of the party's majority or minority status at the time.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

They accurately reflect the views of the MOST active part of their membership. Of course, that still means you have to get involved.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

You guys both need to take a deep breath and read what I wrote a second time. Despite the hysterics, Obama is, in fact, within a stones throw of the center, as is John McCain. That's precisely why the vote was as close as it was. I think you are going to see John McCain doing his best to work with Obama for the common goal of moving us forward and fixing some of the damge wrought in the past 8 years. You will also see all those who really want to "put America first" doing the same.

get out of "campaign mode". The campaign is now OVER and the fat lady has sung. Watch John McCain and follow his example.

=======================================

"Put America First"....just what exactly does that mean?

How? and by who's standard of interpretation? As in...the rest of the world can take a back seat?

Could we..... Start buying products and goods made in the USA? No matter if they are lower quality and more expensive? [Perhaps American workers can start to pay more attention, be more thorough, become more competent and raise their personal standards of quality?]

Could we...... Forget about all the bleeding heart foreign aid and take care of our own people better?

Could we...... Get rid of illegals who have been sucking off our bleeding heart social system for far too long? Invite them to petition for immigration like dignified ladies and gentlemen to show some respect to America?

It will be very interesting to see if this country could actually have standards, values and traditions that work for everyone....instead of hundreds of personal agenda's for you name it 'issue'.

Reply to
Coleah

Democrats will never admit wrongdoing. That's why liberalism is a mental disease. No, I'm not a Republican.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Wake up, Kurt. This is not the same Democratic party, and Obama was far from a typical Democratic Presidential candidate. McCain wasn't exactly typical of the Republican party, either.

Reply to
salty