Home Depot True Stories

"Charlie Morgan" wrote

Are you a preacher, Charlie?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Damn right. I went to the door guy. The door guy went to the manager. The manager wrote down the price on their form. I paid that price. I couldn't be prouder.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

No. Just indignation at self righteous individuals who say they don't do these things or never have and then start preaching.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Steve, I will waste neither the time nor the bandwidth recounting every single time I reported an error in my favor to a cashier, teller, etc. in my nearly 50 years on this planet, and there have been A LOT. The most expensive error I remember was being undercharged $1,000 for building materials because the cashier missed a decimal point, and she was so relieved she nearly cried. I guess in your view I'm pretty stupid, but I sleep well at night. I have pointed out every error I have ever noticed, although I willingly concede that perhaps there have been errors made in my favor which I failed to notice. I am certainly not perfect, but I have never knowingly taken advantage of someone else's mistake.

I think you will find that this will be a VERY long thread, because I believe at least half of the world is honest, even when no one's watching.

Reply to
hilary

Yes, I, too must admit that there have been times when I was honest. Mainly when it's going to land on the cashier and they will have to pay.

I just thought that with all the "Home Depot Sucks" threads and derogatory comments about borg stores that I would share one.

I went through channels. Each employee handed me to the next. I paid and left. I did not alter or conceal anything.

I to this day do not know that it may have been intentional on the part of the manager to just get rid of the last of two discontinued doors, one of them damaged.

I sure do get a kick, though, from those who howl in indignation and righteousness as if they were challenging the Jewish carpenter for his spot at the top of the honesty chart. And sound as if they believe they have a chance of doing so.

I can live with my deeds. I have done good and bad. I've gone back and fixed some. I've pointed out other mistakes when they were happening and not taken advantage. And for those where I truly had evil intent, I have confessed, or made them right.

That's what's nice about being flawed and being able to admit it. You always get another chance, and you try to get it right next time. If there were no forgiveness and we didn't get another chance, and you had to get it right all the time, we would live in the perfect world these pontificating hypocrites are trying to tell me they live in.

Life is not a test. If it were, we would have been given better instructions.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

a story about a person in law enforcement comes to mind here

rumor was he bought a machine that makes upc labels, and got people to go to home depot and put the labels he made over the label the store had on items, with his label being of a significantly lower price, then the person would check out and pay, rumor was $69 for an $800 item, etc.

Reply to
nowforsale

if the bible is correct, the only human we know for sure made it into heaven was the thief that was hung on a cross when jesus was (i.e. jesus told him something like "i'll see you in heaven")

Reply to
nowforsale

Yes

Reply to
dadiOH

Way to externalize, dude. You go.

Reply to
Goedjn

Steve, I never once passed judgment on you and your wife or called you a thief. I was just "sayin" that when I saw your original post, I knew you were going to catch all kinds of Hell. I know that, because I caught all kinds of Hell once for posting that I have 125 of the "oldies but goodies" that I downloaded from Napster before they shut it down. I really enjoy those songs, and play them often. :-)

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

That's odd -- I thought you said you didn't know what he wrote.

What makes you a thief is that you *believed* the price to be higher than the price you were charged, and you didn't say anything.

"I paid what the MANAGER wrote on the ticket."

"I never looked at the slip, and don't know what he wrote."

At least one of the above statements is false. So by your own admission, you're a liar as well as a thief.

Ever hear the saying, "when you're in a hole, the first thing to do is quit digging"?

I would have pointed it out, and paid what I believed to be the correct price.

Reply to
Doug Miller

In another post, you said you never looked at the ticket, and don't know what he wrote on it. So now you're a liar as well as a thief. And you're proud of it.

Way to go, Steve. What an example you must be for your kids.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Why is it a unilateral thing? You won't speak up if it is in your favor but if you think it is too much then you will speak up?

A good rule is to reverse roles. For example suppose your paycheck was short by $800, would you complain or just say OK? What if you went to your boss and mentioned the shortage and he responded that its a wash anyway because (same as you rationalized that hd somehow screwed you in the past but you chose not to settle it properly) he saw your car parked in your driveway on a day when you were supposed to be working two years ago?

Reply to
George

I like you. I still got old Napster stuff. And I know you didn't call me anything or talk down to me. That is why I wrote on your experience. I failed to thank you.

Thank you.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Doug Miller" wrote

Uh, pardon me. Your halo is a little crooked..............

Reply to
Steve B

"Doug Miller" wrote

What I said was that I didn't know who wrote what. I just know that I didn't fill out anything.

Sorry you missed that small point.

And yes, my children are proud of their old man and love me. My grand kids, too.

We all must be a band of degenerate liars and thieves. ARRRRGGGGGHHH Matey!

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Imagine this ( Rod Serling is speaking) a car drives slowly through a small town. Not just any small town, but one that has secrets to hide. Dark secrets ............

GO TAKE YOUR PROZAC AND LIE DOWN!

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

You know, I don't really care whether you believe me or not. You've already shown what kind of person you are ... and the opinions of that type of person are of no importance to me.

I notice you snipped the part where I exposed your lying in your own words. Nice going.

Reply to
Doug Miller

No, Steve, *you* missed the point. You've missed several points, in fact.

Uh-huh. Do they know you steal from Home Depot, brag about it on the internet, and then lie about it too?

Nope. Just you.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Doug Miller" wrote

Then, really. STFU. I know I'm finished talking to you.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B