I keep on being tempted by the cheap prices at Harborfreight that
allow me to indulge in tools that I never would be able to justify
CY: Me, too.
If they arrive in good condition, I have found them to work
satisfactorily for my type of DIY projects (despite the warnings
others have about quality).
CY: The ones I found inadequate were Pittsburgh brand flare wrenches.
My problem, however, has been that the items are typically so poorly
packed that they arrive broken.
(1) I had to order 3 compressors before I received one
without a broken plastic motor casing.
(2) I have now received 2 broken nailers in a row
CY: Makes me wonder if they keep sending broken ones otu, and hope someoen
will keep it?
(3) Twice my shipments of nails have arrived with the boxen open and
the nails strewn all over the box.
(4) The boxes themselves are almost always poorly packed with heavy/rugged
and light/delicate items mixed together in one large box,
separated by only a few kernels of styrofoam. Often the box itself
arrives ripped or damaged.
- Am I just having bad luck or have others experienced the same
CY: For me, the shipping has been good. I also have a local store.
- Has anyone succeeded in getting them to have better quality control?
(with just about every order requiring some re-shipping of items it
is hard to believe that they are saving money this way...)
CY: At the local store, the boxes are often open, and you're never quite
sure if the package is complete. Well, cheep is as cheep does.