Frost Free Freezer

We have a frost free freezer (Kenmore) that is about 4 years old. It dribbles water (it's only a freezer) what to look for to fix the problem otherwise it is great.

thank you

jim

Reply to
jim

Look for the drain tube--its probly not going into the condensate pan like its sposed to, the pan might be sitting ajar or the tube misaligned.

Ususally, there is a pan underneath, and airflow from the condensor fan is used to evaporate the condensate into the atmosphere.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

The prostate unit may be going bad. Have it replaced and the dribble will stop. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi,

Model#?

Where? Onto the floor ( Back/front ), inside?

Since it is frost free the unit will have a drain system to a tray under/behind the freezer that could be clogged/restricted and some of the water is leaking out, crack in the pan mayeb as well.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Sounds like a clogged drain line, or possibly bad door seals. We need more information.

You might take Ed's suggestion and order a new prostate unit. They aren't dificult to change out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon