Faucet spout

I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult to move from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what type of lube do I need to ask for at the big box store?

thanks tom

Reply to
twfsa

Hi, If you can find food grade Lubriplate grease, this is good choice. Maybe O ring is getting too old?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Silicone grease ought to do well. It is benign to most rubber formulations. If the box store doesn't have it, get some spark plug boot release at an auto parts store which is essentially silicone grease. Make sure the o-ring contact areas are super smooth and all traces of water deposits are gone.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

at Lowes

Danco Silicon Grease

Reply to
Reed

If it is a moen tap they have the lubercant in their oring kit warranty part

Reply to
jim