EWAVE wine cooler getting too cold

Even with the dial set to least cold, it gets to about 25F. I think it is running 100%. Interior light out, but that is likely a separate issue.

Thoughts?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Thermostat stuck in the "on" position? Dirty or pitted contacts?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I haven't even begun to look into it. I am just happy it is too cold, rather than not cold at all.

Thanks for the suggestions. Might also be the relay. There really isn't much to this gizmo.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Would you happen to have a 120 volt timer laying around for a temporary cure?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

nothing in this cooler now, so don't need a temporary cure. I like your thinking, though.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Join Alcoholics Anonymous. Then you wont need this cooler and you'll be sober enough to haul it to your trash can.

Reply to
Waldo

Question...

If you let the compressor run and run to maintain that temp, aren't you shortening it's expected lifetime?

Reply to
Diesel

I'm wondering if its hard on the compressor to run it like that all the time...myself.

Reply to
Diesel

why would I run it like this? It would freeze the wine.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Do the world a favor. Put a rifle against you head and pull the trigger.

Reply to
MILT