electric shaver

I'd like to change the batteries of an old Remington model 5BF1 electric shaver that I have but I can't find any instructions on how to go about it. No problem getting the batteries, but I don't want to pry around the case without some idea of what I'm doing. Can anybody give me instructions on how to get the case open?

TR

Reply to
Tom Reedy

Tom,

I got 55 hits with this link. I only looked at the first few.

Could not find any where manual or opening case added any links.

I would guess that in the absence of a visible screw or opening point that you are looking for a small slot that a dime would fit in to pop the case open.

Best wishes

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

If that is the design I am thinking of there is a little metal plate on the bottom that pops off. There are two springs on each side at the top, that can be pried off. The shell then comes apart.

Reply to
Rich256

Thanks.

TR

Reply to
Tom Reedy

Look for cracks in the plastic, and pry gently on the cracks. Feel the stickers, sometimes a sticker will cover a screw head.

Look for email link and ask?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yeah the metal plate is the key. They are a great shaver BTW, worth fixing. I've had the cord model for a zillion years, got my rechargeable at a garage sale for $5, was missing the spring that holds the cutter up against the screen. No springee, no shavee.

JohnK

Reply to
Porky

So you just prize it up with a screwdriver head in the slots? Or is there a special tool?

TR

Reply to
Tom Reedy

Yes, just pry. It just snaps into place. The little springs on top are a little more difficult to get off but just pry them off too. You can take them off first if you want and you will see how the plate is just snapped in.

Reply to
Rich256