Earths can be dangerous

Same thing with generators and multiple tools. You only move the problem (if there is one) to inside the the genny or transformers supply area.

Reply to
ARW

Harder and more expensive to do with washing machines and dishwashers.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Precisely and it would be very unpredictable as to where this happened or how it happened. Not every water and gas incomer is plastic there are still plenty of old installations around.

We could have this happen in the same house the same premises, remember that if we're going to adopt this floating method it will have to apply to a lot more premises than just domestic ones!.

Then theres the small issue of who pays, and where are we going to locate all these new transformers say of a 25 KVA rating?.

Reply to
tony sayer

Where in fact the amount of current flowing across any heart, healthy or otherwise does not have to be a lot to disturb its function. Any idea of what currents are in the body compared to what can flow through a light electric shock scenario?.

I though for a moment there Polly was going to put the electric kettle on;!

Reply to
tony sayer

Unless its washday and your hands are wet perhaps one on the sink or holding the water tap?.

It can and does happen. Cooker elements and immersion heaters can develop element to casing shorts and leakage.

Washing machine heater elements can do the same apart from leaking water onto the motor..

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Jimmy Wilkinson Knife scribeth thus

There have been several instances where someone had one hand wrapped around a electric guitar fretboard and the other around a microphone and or mic stand..

And haven't lived to tell the tale..

Reply to
tony sayer

Like those fiery wirenut problems in the USA;!

Reply to
tony sayer

Don't really know if that would help all that weight in the washer being held in place by plastics?.

The radiation to be contained in the microwave..

Careless you!

I seem to be able to control where and what my power tools are up to..

Reply to
tony sayer

Have you any idea how much current?.

So how much of the time might your hands will be wet or dry and how much current do you think it takes to electrocute someone?.

Reply to
tony sayer

And, of course, the venue tends to be held responsible. Or at least in part.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Possible explanation. Hard to believe anyone could be as STOOPID as he appears - but then look at Trump - - - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

100 to 200 ma through the body is most often lethal. As little as 60ma can kill 60 to 100ma ac accross the chest can cause fatal arrythmia. This can be limb to limb, which is why electricians say, if in doubt keep one hand in your pocket.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Male singer-songwriters very frequently are, though.

Valve amp days, most likely. Not so many of 'em around now (valve amps!)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Not if the secondary of the transformer isn't earthed, that's the whole point of isolation. Paths to ground through people don't kill anymore. The electricity doesn't want to flow from one side of the secondary to ground.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Doesn't matter. Only weaklings get killed by 240V he reckons. And he's not a weakling, he's a Tough Guy.

Reply to
Chris

But it would happen a lot less than if they anchor it at the substation as they do now!

No, my substation only serves houses.

Pays what? Just change it every time there's a new installation.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Holy shit they use those for mains?! I've only ever seen those behind a car stereo. I'd never trust one for high voltage and current.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Thanks for confirming you know nothing about car audio either.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The drum isn't an electrical part, it's the motor that needs to be insulated.

By metal that's nowhere near the electrics.

The tool maybe, but the wire when you're hedge trimming tends to dangle under it. You can't change the law of gravity.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Er.... I wrote that below.

Well your fictitious example requires you to have wet hands and miraculously become a flat 0.5m^2 plate. So you can take a large amount off that 150mA.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife