Debug advice Kenmore coldspot 106-59422801 stopped refrigerating

So that means kenmore is whirlpool but whirlpool is whirlpool.

Good to know.

I'll never buy *another* whirlpool/kenmore then. :)

Reply to
Danny D.

It means that Kenmore could be almost anything, but a Whirlpool is Whirlpool.

One other thing, sometimes the internal parts of a brand name may be made by someone else. Sort of like years ago the way a Jeep was made. You had to know the day of the year the Jeep was made to know who made the actual parts for it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Danny D. posted for all of us...

It used to be that IIRC the first three digits of the model number would tell one the manufacturer. DAGS

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to Danny D., Mikeky32 wrote: Well that's 20min of shit I wont get back..damn people, either take his advice or dont, my pecker is the smallest, there, you win... Wiring power to hard start 3in1 Kenmore elite upright off the main black and white or after the control panel with the yellow and white which appears to power fan also. Will only start compressor if I tie in both before on black load + after on yellow load + HSa then both sides of neutral white+HSb. Kicks compressor on , correct amps, hot but assuming heating oil. Has anyone had to tie in power to a hard start like this before or am I missing a piece by bypassing it?

Reply to
Mikeky32