cutting in reverse

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 6:48:37 AM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Idiot. It was nothing more that an inadvertent tap of the post button on an iPad.
You think you're so smart, but you're just a fool.

And he said he used it, not inured himself with it.
--
A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death -- Albert Einstein

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 1:01:41 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

That's because you totally missed the joke.
On Mon, 23 May 2016 09:01:25 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster

I run my mower discharging AWAY from cars, windows, and sidewalks where pwdestrians may be walking as a matter of courtesy.
On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 12:22:45 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

d killed.

the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.

tenance worker was cutting the grass outside one of the classrooms when he hit a rock and the rock shot through a classroom window striking a teenage girl in the head. Of course there was a lot of blood because head wounds bl eed A LOT. The poor guy felt so bad that he'd hurt the girl that he almost quit his job. There was a policy change after the accident ordering that ma intenance workers or football players walk the grassy areas picking up debr is before a mower could be run through the grass. I didn't think lawn mowin g should have been going on when there were kids there during the school da y. o_O

I also point the leaf blower away (or up) when cars or people go by.
I was driving towards a guy who was using a blower this morning, wondering if he would stop as I approached. He did...I waved a "Thank you".
Some people are courteous by nature, others...not so much.
On 5/23/2016 12:22 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Yes, that does sound much safer. Most of the time the discharge is light weight, short range lawn grass. But, it just takes one exception.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

"It just takes one" usually never happens. Why are you so pessimistic?
--
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

On 5/23/2016 11:19 AM, TimR wrote:

Sorry to hear that.
On some further thought, I know an adult who lost part of a couple toes as a teen ager, mowing on a hill.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Mon, 23 May 2016 08:19:51 -0700 (PDT), TimR wrote:

The janitor at my elementary school was killed by a power mower when he ran over a wire coat hanger and it cut his carotid artery.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

That had to be the most unlikely thing ever.
--
He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a dustcart reversing.

On 05/21/2016 08:56 PM, Micky wrote:
[snip]

I'd rather have cigarettes than alcohol banned. Both can harm the user, but cigarettes directly harm other people (they stink too).
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Only if you continue to sit next to the person smoking. Are you tied up or something?
--
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 4:53:05 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Good Gawd! You are such a frigging idiot. There should be a Mr. Birdbrain ban.
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 4:45:12 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

engaged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and then back up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clear. How can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

rds?

llorT
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 9:11:58 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

s engaged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and the n back up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clea r. How can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

wards?

Going backwards you could fall off backwards and have the mower go over you. Going forward that can't happen, or at least it's much harder to happen.
On 5/22/2016 10:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:

So, you're sitting on your riding mower, and then put your riding mower in reverse, as you're sitting. Fall off backwards? Well, I guess it's possible.
My Dad used to see people pulling walk-behind mowers backwards. He'd go have a safety lecture at them. The walking mowers, much more dangerous if pulled.

Actually momentum pushes you forwards.

No they're not. Nobody is stupid enough to keep pulling when it comes to their foot.
--
Confucius say: "Boy who go to sleep with stiff problem wake up with solution in hand."

On Sun, 22 May 2016 16:17:48 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Particularly the old "toe-nail clipper" like the mower on my web-site. Front and rear discharge - circa 1957
On 05/21/2016 08:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I suppose someone was cutting in reverse and looking forward.
Anyway, if that was a problem, why kill the engine when there's a way to disengage the blades?

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Their problem.
--
"VAT is a simple tax..." -- Anthony Barber, Chancellor of the Exchequer on the introduction of VAT on April Fool's Day in 1973.