cutting in reverse

What if there is a child with a long nose standing on the other side of the hedge?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Pinocchio told me had his nose trimmed, but he's a liar.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Then he must pay for the trim.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Good Gawd! You are such a frigging idiot. There should be a Mr. Birdbrain ban.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The last engine on my mawer was a Briggs and Stratton. I have owned the mower for about 25 years. I replaved the recoil clutch on it about

15 years ago, and the rope about 8 years ago. I replacewd the engine 4 or 5 years ago. It was about 12 or 15 years old when I bought it - wirh a new rope abd carb rebuild just before I got it.

I think I replaced the plug once in the years I had it..

I broke the rope on my last big snow-blower once in the 30 years I owned it (it also was a used unit - over 10 years old, when I bought it. I replaced the engine once as well. Tecumseh HS50.

Reply to
clare

I generally encourage the safeties be maintained. The blade brake on current machines id a bit of a pain. Mine is old enough not to have one.

I have dissabled the clutch switch on my truck - I want to be able to run the truck off the road on the starter if necessary if the engine fails - and if I loose the clutch I can start the truck in gear and drive without the clutch to get me home.

I'm the only person who drives the truck (20 years old, 343,000km)

Reply to
clare

Particularly the old "toe-nail clipper" like the mower on my web-site. Front and rear discharge - circa 1957

Reply to
clare

What on earth is a clutch switch? I've driven two cars with no clutch cable, you start it in 1st then change gear carefully.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

DerbyDad03

The switch that makes sure you have your foot on the clutch before the engine will crank

Reply to
clare

In 1972 I bought a Dodge with that switch. I had driven manual shift cars over the years and had had that one for several days. I got some gas and could not get it started. It was as if the battery was dead. The service station man told me to push in the clutch. I did and it started.

I had a habit of puting a 4 speed in neutral and starting the car. I must have been doing that and pushing in the clutch for the 2 or 3 days I had had that car. That was the first manual car I had been in that has that clutch switch.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I drove past a business to day that had at least 20 cranes parked. I'm sure woudln't miss one if an affable employee brought it home for the weekend.

Reply to
Micky

I had a B&S for a push mower and the recoil spring broke. Bought 2 new ones and each one broke. the T-part at the end, that holds the end in place, broke off.

What was I don't wrong?

Reply to
Micky

Likely winding it too tight.

Reply to
clare

Your display of personal ignorance does not mean it doesn't happen.

So just because your head is stuck in the sand does not mean it doesn't happen.

Reply to
Idlehands

Yah, kids don't use lawnmowers they play video games. Sheeeesh!

Reply to
IGotIt

Do Americans still do those "chore" things? When I was a kid in the UK, I was always amazed that American kids had to do regular work around the house. If UK kids did anything like that, they were paid for it, or they refused to do it.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I thought only cars with auto gearboxes had clever stuff like that.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Didn't think of that, that's a very good reason for not having such a switch. You may well want to start it in neutral with the clutch out.

Presumably easy enough to disconnect.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Can't remember how long ago. I stopped for gasoline, and met a very nice man who spoke some language other than American. I'd guess Dutch, but not sure. He summoned me, as he could not get his car out of Park. I noticed it was a Ford. Did my best by gestures to suggest he push the brake, which did the job. Now he's able to shift into drive, and go about his travel.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon