slight oil leak on riding mower.....

I have a B&S engine on my riding mower that has a slight oil leak only noticeable when I park it in the shed after I use it. It's on the bottom of the case by the spline end of the engine which is held on by four bolts. I was wondering, if I loosened these four bolts and popped the cover slightly, could I squeeze some permatex in there to stop the drip?

This is more annoying than a major problem and have been dealing with it for a couple of years now. The mower is out of warrantee but runs great. Just tired of topping off the oil all the time since I use synthetic oil.

Any ideas or cautions before I attempt this or shouldn't I even bother?

Reply to
Dale

Put a pan underneath it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Wrench up the bolts tight.

Continued leak - replace the gasket and wrench up the bolts.

-- Oren

Oren