Cutting in reverse

This spring I got a new bolens model 760 riding lawnmower and am very satisfied with it except that when I put it in reverse with the blades engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. Since I don`t have any kids or pets I would like to be able to cut in reverse. What do I need to do to fix the problem? Thank you for any info Herb

Reply to
Herb Eneva

My Sears has a switch position that enables mowing in reverse. The theory is that one uses it when one has to go in reverse. I use it all the time. If there weren't such a position, it would be quickly installed.

Reply to
krw

If the ignition key has three positions the one in the middle allows cutting in both directions. Sears brand made by Husqvarna is the one what I have.

John

Reply to
John

According to MTD/Bolens web site re Troubleshooting:

"Mower will not cut in reverse" Possible Causes Corrective Actions Safety switch It is a safety feature. You must disengage cutting deck before putting mower in reverse.

Our John Deere has a push button to allow cutting in reverse as needed.

Reply to
Retired

If so I would rule out that brand.

Too bad, I have a Bolens weed eater that I have been trying to kill for years by using way over sized line but it refuses to die once started.

Starting the 2 stroke sucker is the issue and the reason I am trying to find an excuse to replace it. The instructions say prime it with 10 shots which just floods it. Sometimes 3, sometimes 5, sometimes uncountable primes & pulls needed.

But no matter how far I fling the leaky little sucker cause it wont start, it just keeps wackin' those weeds w/ double .095 line.

Sigh, John

Reply to
John