cutting in reverse

The first one is interesting. I notice he's standing right in front of the discharge opening.

The second one shows good upper body strength. He's got to be a hoot at bar fights, throwing the bouncer out the front window.

When there's a redneck, there's a way.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In my small engine class, we were told that four stroke mowers can't be tilted very much, they have oil circulation problems when they are off level.

Not sure if centrifugal force is an issue. Most likely yes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

OK. That's just stupid. Some rednecks give rednecks a bad name!

Reply to
Muggles

That's just stupid.

Besides you gotta give 4 guys beer.

I welded handles onto the deck of mine. Works fine with a little care.

We did have an employee we caught starting the mower by pulling on the blades. He'd broken the pull cord and was scared he'd get fired if anybody knew. It didn't occur to him he'd be more likely to get fired for the safety violation.

Reply to
TimR

Take off the wheels and bolt 2 2x4s on - one on each side- and a rotary mower can be a relativel effective and safe way to cut a hedge

- if both guys wear full face sheilds.

Without modifications - definitely NOT.

Reply to
clare

aged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and then bac k up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clear. H ow can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

It might help if you told us what model, but here are three ways to do it on Craftsman mowers:

This guy does it just by unplugging one connector:

This guy says you can just bend the lever that shuts down the engine:

This is how it's done on a zero turn Craftsman:

DerbyDad03

engaged the engine stop. It`s a real pain to disengage the blades and then back up. There are not any kids or pets in the area so everything is clear. How can I correct this problem? Thanks for any advice Herb

llorT

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You may not be old enough** to remember that that was a compromise. One side wanted to ban cigarettes completely. Would that have been better? Don't you think a stupid 12 or 15-year old should be told smoking is bad for him by someone other than his parents, if they did? (FWIW, it's those who are "conservative" now who brought about the ban on alcohol, which didn't work well.)

**You probably are. Everyone on usenet seems to be an old codger, even though it's a far better format than webforum.s

What a moron you are. Do you think they did this before plenty of children had already been hurt?

I'm surpised you made it past infancy yourself.

Reply to
Micky

With my previous car, and maybe the one before that, I knew when I went around the corrner 3 corners before my house, and the oil light went on, that I needed to add oil. So I agree, the answer is yes.

I didn't think I was going so fast, but it was the only corner in the city where that happened. I guess I knew from thousands of times that there were no pedestrians, no driveways, and never anything I could hit.

Reply to
Micky

I wish I had a crane.

Reply to
Micky

Yes, she'll do that.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Stupid 12-15 year olds should do what they want. And they're even less likely to read warning labels than listen to their parents anyway.

They'll have done some f***ed up survey, just like they seem to think speeding is dangerous , when it actually only causes 4% of accidents.

Anyway, the only person who should be avoiding killing their own kids is the parent, not the government.

You're surpised?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Did he at least yell "Clear prop!" before hand propping the mower?

In my life, mower pull cords are a disposable item like gasoline and spark plugs.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've found that if you string enough "if" in a row, some thing gets forgotten, in the process.

But, yes, that might possibly be done safely.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't remember ever meeting (or first generation reliable source hearing about) a child injured by a lawn mower.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Center posted, as yours was.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormin Mormon wrote: "You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't remember ever meeting (or first generation reliable source hearing about) a child injured by a lawn mower. "

A neighbor's kid once ran into a dark garage to retrieve an itinerant ball - tripped over the corner of a walk-behind and bruised their forehead on the concrete deck...

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Usually get 10 years on a cord - 5 or more on a plug

Reply to
clare

dedicated hedge mower - an old LawnBoy would be a good choice.

Reply to
clare

I have. My kid brother lost a finger. on a push mower.

Reply to
clare