Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Prick.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Lack of intelligent reply noted.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Here's an idea, why not just move over instead of being a prick? Your little game will eventually backfire as one day you'll have some drugged up kevin on your tail whose reaction times are too slow and he'll take the both of you out.

Reply to
boltar

Why should I break the law - and risk a collision - by moving across a solid white line in order to make way for selfish little pricks who thinks it's clever to drive at 40+ mph a meter or so from the car in front?

Reply to
Robin

Who said anything about a solid white line? We're talking about slow buggers hogging the fast lane on a motorway.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Wtf are you talking about? We're talking about motorways and idiots hogging a lane when they can move over and let traffic past.

Reply to
boltar

*My* first comment was with the Blackwall tunnel northern approach road (which used to a motorway) in mind:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5422226,-0.0275415,3a,75y,127.7h,76.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sILRN244CFR2cijS3OdGeHg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

So do you agree that tailgating on such roads - where the driver in front cannot lawfully move over - is the sign of selfish little prick?

And then of course there are the times when the driver in front judges it's not safe to move to an inside lane as quickly as the little prick behind would wish. Or do you hold that anyone in front who is not going as fast as you wish to *must* move across without regard to whether it is safe to do so - on the basis that any carnage which ensues will be behind you?

Reply to
Robin

The only moving over we're after is more like here (100 yards forwards from your image):

Imagine you are where the camera car is. You're trying to join the main lanes, and the silver car is directly to your left. All the silver car has to do is slow a little or change lane to his left.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

He could speed up so he doesn't impede your progress. Driving under the speed limit should be a capital offence.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

A fellow I work with can be arrogant like that. He called to say he was going to be late to work because of an accident. He braked hard and got $3500 worth of damage to his 1 year old car. Yeah, he showed him!

What's worse, he smugly thinks he did good.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Who did the insurance side with?

How many people did he inconvenience by blocking the road?

His boss should have put that down as an unauthorised absence, since he did it deliberately.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

No, don't think so. I think it was based on the speed limits of most european countries which were 90/100 kmh for trucks/buses. Trust me, with a loaded truck you can go a shed load faster than 60mph down even a slight incline if you've already got it on the limiter and the incline is a reasonable length.

Dodgy, he can not only lose his job but lose his license too. Its probably an older limiter because the new ones are built into the engine management and need a bit of computer hackery to disable.

Reply to
boltar

I wouldn't tailgate a driver on a single lane carraigeway, not unless they were going really slow and I was about to overtake.

Don't be an ass. Nobody is irritated by drivers who DO move over when its safe to do so, its the ones who DON'T that piss people off. I see it all the fecking time and tbh there's no one type of person, the only thing they have in common is they're idiots who shouldn't be behind the wheel or at least not allowed on the motorway. IMO motorways and some A roads should only be open to drivers who've passed an advanced test.

Reply to
boltar

So they're badly designed then? You'd think it'd drop a gear or apply the brakes.

Nah, the limiter "must have broken officer".

Must be older, he ain't clever enough to do computery stuff to it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I do. They should be going faster, or if they can't for some reason, th= ey should periodically pull over into laybys to let faster vehicles past= .

It's the people with advanced tests that are the worst, they stick more = rigidly to rules and don't bother with being courteous.

-- =

See if you type in a really big word, like Lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrimmatosilphioparaomelit= okatakechymenokichlepikossyphophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklo= peleiolagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon, Google says ".... is too long a word. Try using a shorter word."

If you're wondering, it's a Greek word meaning a fricasee dish with 17 s= weet and sour ingredients, including brains, honey, vinegar, fish, pickl= es, and the following: fish slices, fish of the Elasmobranchii subclass = (a shark or ray), rotted dogfish or small shark=E2=80=99s head, silphion= laserwort =E2=80=93 a kind of fennel, a kind of crab, beetle, or crayfi= sh, eagle, cheese, honey, wrasse or thrush, topped with a sea fish or bl= ackbird, wood pigeon, domestic pigeon, chicken, roasted headof dabchick,= hare (a kind of bird or sea hare =E2=80=93 a mollusk), must (wine), des= sert, fruit, or other raw food, and wing or fin.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I know one. An ex colleague. He will never flash his lights to let someone out because he takes the highway code too literally and thinks it's a warning of danger.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword