CitiBank, Home Depot doesn't like gun makers

"The Warne Scope Mounts Company of Oregon was doing business - the manufacture of scope mounts and components thereof. ... Charles Lake, President of Warne Scope Mounts, submitted an application from the company for a business line of credit to purchase materials to make work benches as well as to purchase appliances, to the Home Depot. ... The credit line was approved on September 28. On the 29th, Mr. Lake received a call from the Home Depot credit department saying the line of credit was rescinded. He asked if it was something in the company's credit rating. "No," he was told. "It's because of the industry you are in."

It was Citi Bank - who handles the private label credit cards for Home Depot - that didn't like guns.

HeyBub

Like it or not, this is how capitalism works. It's THEIR money, City is free to use it the way they see fit. Apparently it did not seem like a good investment to them. City has probably looked at the market and realized that the jump in sales of guns and ammo precipitated by the election of a black president will soon lead to slump and this investment may not pan out. Who's to tell them how to run their business?

The Warne Scope Mounts Company might do well for themselves and the local Oregon economy by asking a local bank for a credit line.

------------------------------------- /\_/\ ((@v@)) NIGHT ():::() OWL VV-VV

Reply to
DA

As is the gunowner, which I think was the reason behind the posting.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Suppose they decided not to issue a LOC to Obama's campaign office because they thought having a black president would lead to a slump. Would that be OK too?

Reply to
Larry W

Under discrimination law, blacks are a protected group, so it would not be legal. Gun makers aren't/

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

In the USA at present, a white male Christian gun owner who lives in the country. Is everyone's enemy, then?

An unarmed, black, Muslim would be totally protected?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd be OK with that. Except, I'd not issue cause the candidate is a liberal tax raiser. I judge people based on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. I can't stand the racists who keep complaining about the past. Such as one fellow who is often on the airwaves talking about slavery and the black man finally becoming free.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon