Home Depot Genius

Was this one of you guys?

lee houston

Toller

I've had some of my best times just sitting in the parking lot and watching people trying to load lumber into cars.

Reply to
greg6755

That thing's so old it's got gray hairs. All you have to do is look at the front and rear tires and how out of proportion they look to tell that photo is fake.

Reply to
Eigenvector

that picture's been floating around the internet for at least 5 years. I'm sure there was no home depot involved. It's a staged photo.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Here is a link to more on what are real photos.

There are multiple pictures from a few different angles with references to news clippings

The car could have been planted somehow but the lumber really was on the car in that parking lot.

Cliff Hartle

Almost as entertaining as a State boat launch.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

is an Illegal Mexican Californian Handy Man Inc.

Rich

Reply to
Evo

There is a good website called snopes.com that debunks urban legends..

Turns out this one is true.

djay

Reply to
djay

Nope, it's true.

Doug Miller

" wrote:>that picture's been floating around = the internet for at least 5 years. =A0I'm

OLD NEWS, last time I saw that picture the lumber was loaded at builders square a now out of business company before home depot was around here

Reply to
hallerb

Snopes is not ALWAYS accurate either.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Really? can you cite some specific examples?

They seem to do a pretty good job of fact checking from multiple sources. They are cautious about declaring anything "true" or "false" that can't be confirmed from multiple sources. This particular item was classified as a "maybe" for quite a while before they were able to get better confirmation. In this specific case, they even provide newspaper accounts and other photos.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Sure, here:

Yep, they sure do. ;-)

Reply to
Grandpa

Now go to the page that leads to that one!

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

One in particular that came up recently is their claim that domestic abuse cases don't rise in numbers on super bowl Sunday. My son is in law enforcement, and has always told us superbowl Sunday is their biggest domestic abuse day of the year. So, if you can't believe that one, which ones can you believe? That lumber on the car deal is purely staged. No one would do that for anyother reason, and no one would allow someone to do that for any other reason.

Reply to
Steve Barker

That's a good one. And as a photography buff, i can assure you, a zebra is a zebra in B&W also. What a bunch of crap!

Reply to
Steve Barker

So basically what snopes is saying is "Hey we might be right, maybe not". After all it IS the internet. I don't believe a word of what I see on it.

Reply to
Steve Barker

And of course you can substantiate this with more than one source? Statistics?

Maybe (doubtful) in your son's locale it's true, but that wouldn't change much of anything. Then again, maybe your son likes to make things up, or mindlessly repeat things someone else told him without checking them out. I'd appreciate a verifiable cite, even for your son's locale. I'm pretty sure that's impossible!

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

So, basically what YOU are saying is you are not very bright. That isn't what they said at all. Apparently someone stopped payment on your reality check.

Please be my guest, and continue to stumble arond in the dark, suffering from self inflicted injuries.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan