Home Depot Genius

And YOU can continue to believe everything you read on the internet.

Reply to
Steve Barker

yes, there are plenty. Do your homework.

and i'm pretty sure you're a nut.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Did you actually look at Snopes' account of this? If that's not accurate, then they sure went to a lot of trouble to manufacture their independent corroboration.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You have a great deal of confidence in your own judgment.

It would be nice if it were justified.

--Goedjn

Reply to
Goedjn

Turn around and head back up the road a ways, Steve. You lost your sense of humor somewhere back there...

Reply to
Doug Miller

In other words... you *can't* substantiate it.

You made the claim -- you back it up.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I don't believe everything I read on the internet, but unlike you, I can separate the wheat from the chaff.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

While I didn't expect an attack from you, I guess you're right Doug. I did get caught up in it. . This whole thread is a comedy.

Reply to
Steve Barker

What, you think *that* was an attack?! You obviously haven't read any of my responses to Toller's electrical "advice". :-)

My point simply was that the piece on Mr. Ed was an *obvious* farce... and you took it seriously.

Reply to
Doug Miller

HA HA HA HA HA!

Had to show the wifey this one.

tom @

LayPerson Tom

OHHhhhhhh. I C. and yes, I've been monitoring yor responses to the ill electrical advice. Thanks for hanging in there, it's amazing what some people think is right or what they will do. I know I've learned a lot just lurking here.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Well not everything on Snopes is true by the way, but in this case I confess I was fooled. However I still have a hard time believing that a spontaneous event like that spawned that many photos - unless the guy was doing this for

5 hours or something and then there'd be a hell of a lot more people around him. And there has to be some 1000 lbs on that car's roof being held up with twine?

I still say it's staged, but it happened, I was fooled.

Reply to
Eigenvector

The twine gets me. Acceleration of the car, bumps in the road, sudden braking of the car and no State Troopers on the highway. The twine held, right. HD should sell the twine and not give it out at the door.

-- Oren

Oren

Got an example?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

You'll have to do a LOT better than that!

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

You don't take that seriously, do you? I mean, come on. That page is an obvious joke. Look at the page that it's linked from:

Doug Miller

GMTA

But didn't we do this yesterday?

Reply to
Grandpa

While it's true that the store is false, it's known and stated to be false... or true... or... well, you know.

:)

Reply to
Philip Lewis

He asked...