Can you hear me now?

Do you think the money belongs to trump? It's tax money authorized and allocated by the Congress.

Reply to
micky

With government and business, that is how they keep score.

With business that is obvious but it is also true with government.

Promotions of senior government officials are based on the size of their budget.

Politicians get reelected based on how much bacon they bring home.

What did Wood/Stein say? "Follow the money".

If they stopped paying you at work, would you keep showing up?

Reply to
gfretwell

Oh you mean that congress that did nothing about the virus for 2 months?

Reply to
gfretwell

I guess I forgot the fraud part. With you it's always about fraud.

I'm not the right person to be asked that question because, due to a series of strange and unique events, they in fact stopped paying me for about 7 weeks, a few years ago. I didn't stop showing up. Same for each of my colleagues.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

You're still confused. Congress is not the President, and the President is not Congress.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Or thin air authorized and allocated by Congress...

Reply to
rbowman

That's bullshit with most of them.

More bullshit with Trump alone.

Its always been mindlessly superficial.

Yep, I was in the fortunate position that they were stupid enough to pay me very well for doing what I would happily have done for free.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That fepends on the job and how bad I need the money, I guess

Pick a job you like and you'll never have to work another day in your life.

I've been pretty lucky that way - a lot of my "jobs" hsve been "FUN!!!"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

It keeps sounding stupider and stupider every time you say it - - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Government thing? I bet you knew the money was coming tho.

Reply to
gfretwell

I am not confused at all. The only source of money is the house and as much as you want to deny it, the government runs on money. The president can't buy anything unless the house appropriates the money. OTOH Trump did shut down people coming from China and the left called him racist for it.

Reply to
gfretwell

He stopped CHINESE coming in from China, but didn't stop AMSRICANS coming in from Europe (or China, for that matter) so YES, it was racist. In the meantime American (jews) came back from europe carrying a full virus load that decimated New York and New Jersey

Reply to
Clare Snyder

The jobs I've had that weren't fun lasted about three months. Some of the longer ones were fun at first but then became boring.

Reply to
rbowman

No, privately held.

I didn't know, but I assumed or hoped.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

It's possible to be confused and not know it. You seem to be mixed up about the role of the Presidency versus the role of Congress.

I haven't seen anyone deny that. It's irrelevant, of course.

What did the President try to buy? Nothing, that's what. Instead, he stalled, he denied, and he happy-talked his ass off, remember?

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Imagine the backlash if he tried to lock them out. Quarantine would have been compared to "the Camps". I would like to think another president would do better but I doubt it.

Reply to
gfretwell

Which President had that ability? We still don't have reliable tests and the best labs in the world have been on it for 6 months.

Reply to
gfretwell

I expected a shit storm when the first cases showed up in New Rochelle and they drew a 1 mile cordon sanitaire around an Orthodox synagogue. Hizzonor did step into it later when he busted up the 2000 person gathering for a dead rabbi.

Reply to
rbowman

We arent talking about locking them out.

Bullshit if they were required to self isolate for 2 weeks. That's what everyone else did at that time.

More fool you with self isolation.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That's bullshit, South Korea, Germany, Taiwan, Singapore etc etc etc all do.

That is complete and utter bullshit.

Reply to
Rod Speed