Can you hear me now?

When you talk with your mask on, can you be heard well?

The one excuse for not wearing a mask part of the time seems to me to be that what you have to say is important and poeple can't understand you with your mask on.

As an aside, I hate when people ask quesitons at public meetings and they talk so low or they mumble and you can't tell what they said, and the person they ask doesn't repeat the quesstion. I don't especially loud most of the time, but when I ask a question at a public forum, I'm loud enough that everyone can hear me whether I have a microphone or not.

And I think** that my words are just as clear when I have a mask on as at other times.

But I don't know, and I don't know what your experiences have been, either as a talker or listener.

What say ye?

**I could test this with the any number of voice recorders in the PC or phone, but I haven't.
Reply to
micky

micky snipped-for-privacy@rushpost.com wrote

Yes, on the one occasion I have worn one, because the ophthalmologist requited me to wear one on the second occasion that I saw her during this pandemic, she had no problem understanding what I was saying.

A proper surgical mask that they provided.

And surgeons don't have any problem being understood when wearing them.

That's bogus given that what surgeons say is often very important.

I cant say that I have ever tried to listen to anyone wearing a mask. The ophthalmologist and the two women receptionists didn't wear one. Presumably they were protecting themselves from the possibility that some of the 'patients' might be infected.

I did in fact visit 3 hospitals during the pandemic, and none of the staff were wearing a mask. A couple of those in the waiting rooms were.

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't so obviously enjoyed that the last time.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Before I got my hearing aids I could not understand a lot of what was said if I couldn't see their lips move

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Good point. Even when my hearing was normal, I found I looked poeple in the mouth when talking, rather than the eye, and if I didn't, or maybe did but didn't pay attention, my mind wandered, and I didn't know what he'd said.

OTOH I was thining of trump speaking to a crowd, who would be far enough away they coudln't read his lips anyhow.

He said he had a mask on a little bit but didn't want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it. What a child.

He said he was tested this morning. That doesn't mean he wasn't positive 10 minutes later. What a dummy.

I hope wherever he goes next time won't knuckle under and will say wear the mask or don't come. And will kick him out if he doesn't.

Reply to
micky

I take care to speak somewhat more slowly and enunciate more precisely when I am wearing a mask. Everybody seems to understand me.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I wasn't wearing a mask when I typed that, so perhaps my diction was a little sloppy. Sorry.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Someone snapped this photo of Trump when he was wearing his mask, but he quickly took it off after that, in violation of Michigan law. Now the Michigan AG is perked up since it sets such a bad example.

Unnamed WH sources are saying Trump is pissed because he had declared the area 'in the back' a no camera area, meaning no media cameras, but someone snapped a photo with what looks to be a cell phone.

The MI AG said last night, in an interview, that she's considering just blocking him from further visits to the state for the time being. In the middle of election campaign season, and with MI being a battleground state, I assume Trump would not like that. Very soon now we'll see a new nickname for her, if not already.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Enjoyable as that might seem, I don't really think it's a good idea. It would just make folks on the fence feel sorry for him.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

No comment.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Not even legally possible.

Reply to
Rod Speed

If their lips move they are lying.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

That would be great. Leave or you're under arrest.

Reply to
micky

Nonsense!  President Trump is always welcome in Michigan. Michigan taxpayers love President Trump.

With the exception of Cindy H, I suspect Michigan's taxpayer voters will send Nessel packing in the next election.

Reply to
devnull

And he is free to ignore that and there is nothing she can do about that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

My problem with masks right now is they interfere with my hearing aids. The straps/elastics tend to knock the hearing aids out/off

Reply to
Clare Snyder

But they will take the money I bet.

Reply to
gfretwell

Federal funds? Why not, their citizens put the money in why not get some back? Its not coming out of Trump's pocket.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Good to hear what is going on around you - and a pain taking them in and out - with the possibility of losing them at several thousand dollars each.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

With you it's always about the money. Always.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Modify it. I have a homemade one that ties up at the crown of my head and behind my neck.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton