BD, pick up the phone

I'm not pulling your leg, Naturous. I've purchased lots and lots of tools and equipment. I consider them to be a valuable investment.

Reply to
Diesel

Actually, I do. I have several friends in that particular trade. It pays to know people who are in trades that you aren't. As, you can trade out your skills for theirs when necessary. Considering you were at some point, a contractor, you of all people should know that.

I'm well aware of what their history is, David. However, you aren't a brick mason, afaik. There is a difference between those trades. A considerable difference, excluding of course the materials you're working with. Brick masons are a special breed.

Yes, you have. You had a shop do most of the work for you. I don't see why we're going round and round over this.

Give you a pic to my actual residence? I don't think so. I've seen what happens to pics I share here already. You'll notice, I blacked out the other individuals faces in the pics I recently shared, showing in detail what I was doing on the roof. I also outright snipped them out of the pic of myself working on the sunnyboy (it's the power inverter) It's a damn shame I have to do that prior to sharing neat stuff here with you, but, due to our past and that of David Brooks, I really have no choice.

I've been truthful with you the entire time. Candidly, truthful, I might add.

I told you I don't own a paint booth, already. I'm not interested in learning how to paint cars, and, can't justify the expense and additional construction required to have one just to play around. My girl thinks I waste enough money as it is. I think my tools are cool as all hell, but, she doesn't share the same opinion.

Reply to
Diesel

Diesel pretended :

Well there you go, you really are ignorant of what plastering involves. Ever hear of stucco stone? Bench molding? Did you ever wmnder how the rock backgrounds on film making were done? Did you ever visit Knotts Berry Farm? The train goes through a plastered mountain. Ever go to Disneyland? The submarine ride was done in stucco, as was the matterhorn ride. Remember the religious group that commited suicide in Rancho Santa Fe? Heavens Gate it was, the house they died in I did the stucco work, inside and out, a 9,000 square-foot residence in Rancho Santa Fe, near San Diego, ... all 39 members committed suicide.

Reply to
Naturous

Why did you miss the bus?

Reply to
RonNNN

To a point, yes. I'm not a plasterer myself, despite knowing some in person. You already know I'm in the electrical/IT trades, so, I run across all types of trades people as part of that.

Not really. It seemed obvious to me. And, when I watched several how it's made/how it's done/behind the scenes educational shows on various things, what I suspected turned out being true. I'm a Gen X, David. Not a Millenial. :)

Speaking of film making, Are you familiar with Dick Warlocks work? I know him in person. I have a signed autographed picture of him. It says "Dustin, if you hack my computer, I'll hack your head."; I've worked on his personal computers not only at a shop I was employed at, but at his house too, transferred some very old video (black and white) he had of him in a particular western to dvd, and, been out to dinner with him and his wife.

I've never heard of it.

Nope. Can't say as I ever wanted to go, either. Amusement parks have never held much interest for me. I don't give a shit about comic book characters, either. If it helps you to better understand me.

I have no idea what either of those are...

I've seen documentaries about it, sure. They didn't cover who built what though. Cool? that you yourself did the stucco work, though.

Reply to
Diesel

Did your muslimer kid try to slay you yet?

Reply to
Naturous

Diesel formulated the question :

Strange that you never heard of those rides. Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm are known world wide.

The house was sold real cheap and demo'd. The land was re-developed and sold cheap. It seems that the land has a jinx because of the suicides.

Reply to
Naturous

I only recognized Disneyland out of the things you mentioned, other than the suicide house. Amusement rides, farms (if it's actually a farm?) aren't of interest to me.

I'm not a superstitious person by nature, but, I don't think I'd be cool with living someplace where I knew people were killed there, either. I won't even drive a rebuilt vehicle that when crashed took someones life. I'm the type of person who wouldn't have had it rebuilt, but, crushed whatever was left of it, instead.

I consider it to be extremely disrespectful of the dead to rebuild and drive the vehicle they died in. I'm clearly in the minority on that though...so my friends tell me.

Reply to
Diesel

Diesel submitted this idea :

I wouldn't ride it that vehicle either. Normally, the dead are remembered, but not discussed.

Reply to
Naturous

Don't speak ill of the dead, right? :)

Reply to
Diesel

Diesel pretended :

In My Tribe, it is bad manners to speak of the dead in public.

Reply to
Naturous

I agree with that line of thinking. It is in my opinion as well. And, sadly, I've gone against my own grain several times now when dealing with David Brooks concerning that. He can bring out the worst in people at times...

Reply to
Diesel

Temper temper Diesel... :D

Reply to