American toilet design?

That is not the reason, though.

It is to enable the user to make a visual examination and act quickly in the event that any traces of blood - indicative of bowel cancer - are seen.

Early treatment means that deaths from bowel cancer in Germany are very low by comparison with the UK as a result.

Reply to
Terry Casey

Um, I don’t think so. Of course you can use it for that but I believe the prime reason was the German love of pork products. In days of old tape worm infestation in pork very common so a pan with a ledge made it easy to detect when you had got infected.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Same here, the 2nd picture is unusually low. I only get that in mine if it's been very windy and water has been pulled out through the drain.

So you're saying American toilets are pretty much like UK toilets now?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

We don't have water restrictions in the UK. The UK is very very wet.

OMG, I just found this:

Commander Kinsey

You're mistaking "always" for 100%.

We've just been through this.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Quite why 70 million people live here I don't know.

"I love summer in Scotland, this year it was a Wednesday".

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It's a tiny spider, even by UK standards. Anything under an inch is small. I regularly see 2 inch spiders, Aussies must see things much bigger - you guys have things the size of a dinner plate!

And if a redback is under the rim of the toilet, you won't see it, or do you inspect with a mirror?

Wikipedia says: "The redback is one of the few spider species that can be seriously harmful to humans, and its liking for habitats in built structures has led it to being responsible for a large number of serious spider bites in Australia."

Commander Kinsey

The females arent. They are the only ones that bite you.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that’s saying something.

Irrelevant to what is a small spider.

<your pathetic excuse for a troll flushed where it belongs>

You lift the f****ng seat to see if there is anything under it with an outside dunny which can have redbacks, stupid.

Even you should be able to manage that if someone was actually stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and white came.

And it says further down that its only the females that are that, f****it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

By visual examination of what is on the platform would the average person be able to tell if there are traces of blood? Bowel cancer screening in the UK is/was a smear of shit on a transparent plastic sheet to be viewed under a microscope.

Reply to
alan_m

I think the examination is chemical/immunological rather then microscopic, and presumably interested parties could get their own little testing sticks, like sugar test ones. I don't know if they sell them in Germany.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Originally, I understand it was for inspection for worms.

Reply to
Bob Eager

If there is a change in normal color you'd notice and maybe want to get a professional checkup. You don't need a shelf to notice your stool is now black.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Damn, those pickled beets were good.

Reply to
rbowman

It detected where you are from the IP. I just put google.de into Tor and got

Resers Google. Mon pe santi mwan sanse.

Google i ofer dan: Deutsch English Français

As far as I can tell I'm in Seychelles and it's trying to respond in whatever bastardized French they speak there. google translate seems to feel 'Mon pe santi mwan sanse' is Haitian Creole and means 'I can't feel my sense'

Reply to
rbowman

Try a Welsh proxy and see if it manages that.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'm not sure the Welsh can manage Welsh.

Reply to
rbowman

The South half cannot. They just speak English, despite the stupid councils putting the road signs in both. I learnt the important things from signs - "slow", "police", "speed camera", etc. Arraff! Heddllu! Camerau Cyflimder! As you enter Wales over the Severn Bridge, the first two signs are actually "Welcome to Wales. Speed Cameras".

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That's just the first photo I came across. Most of the road signs on the Flathead Reservation are in English and Salish.

A local mountain was called Squaw Peak but that became politically incorrect so they renamed it Ch-paa-qn. They originally thought it mean 'shining mountain' but someone who could still speak Salish said it means 'gray, treeless mountain' which is entirely correct. Still nobody could pronounce it. Lately the Forest Service has been calling it 'Old Woman Peak'.

At least the Welsh use the standard Roman alphabet even if they are overly fond of consonants.

Reply to
rbowman

Or you simply have a small cut on your arse.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That is f****ng revolting.

Reply to