48 year old american standard toilet - spare parts

I would appreciate help in locating spare parts for an American Standard toilet. I want to replace ALL of the toilet interior parts including: overflow pipe and flapper float fill valve and valve body

The following is the information embossed on the inner cover of our existing toilet. The toilet is a one-piece design. American Standard T 55 Jan 18, 1955 70 0002

The dimensions of the tank on this one piece toilet are: 11" H x 8" D x 21 " W

Reply to
davidrobert

The Fluidmaster products will do the job beautifully.

Reply to
xymergy

On the one-piece Am-Std of that era, it can be difficult to fit the Fluid Master flapper assy. Here's one source of parts:

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Any full service plumbing supply house should have something that will work, maybe even the exact parts. You won't find them at Slows or Home cheapo.

Reply to
Colbyt

Had a problem with 2 American Standard toilets of a similar vintage, particularly with finding the large flapper valves they needed. Was referred by Am Std to D&J Distributors in Kingston, NY who seemed to stock a lot of old parts. They had the flappers. You might check with them if you have trouble finding the parts you need.

Reply to
Martin

A couple of years ago I replaced all of the working parts in a 30+ year old American Standard toilet with parts that I bought at Teeter's Faucet Parts in Dallas. At that time it was an old store that had much of the old "stuff" still there. I've heard that they relocated so it's possible that they don't have as much old parts inventory but it would be worth a try.

RB

Colbyt wrote:

Reply to
RB