Amazon drivers not as good

One little thing about Amazon drivers.

For 10 years, I've written the shipping address as

Micky Rolenz NO Signature Required PLEASE HIDE FROM VIEW TO RIGHT

No package has ever been stolen and I want to keep it that way.

I don't know if a signature would be required or not otherwise. For a while one company wanted a signature sometimes, but that was 11 years ago. Recently one of the delivery men thanked me for that line, I guess because he would have had to, or might some day have had to, get a signature.

With rare exceptions, all the USPS, UPS, Fedex drivers do put it to the right. Just 5 feet. Takes no more time, and can't be seen unless someone walks up to my door.

So far the Amazon drivers haven't done it at all.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Reply to
micky

Why do you have to hide your packages?

Are you afraid some too-lazy-to-work democrat porch pirate will steal it from you?

Reply to
devnull

We've had mixed experience with Amazon drivers. Some of them follow the instructions and leave it at the back door. One particularly clueless individual stuffed the package in the mail box. Sadly, there was no place on the feedback form to say, "Your employee/contractor committed a federal crime."

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I've had maybe the opposite problem, the oil delivery man leaving the invoice on the doorknob rather than putting it through the mail slot. I don't think the slot is like a mailbox, afaik. It belongs to me and not the post office. Plus the mailman can't tell what has gone through the slot before he gets there.

We haven't had much crime but having the invoice on the doorknob for days is like an announcement that I'm not home. And I've taken 2 and 3 month trips**. I discussed this with the new company when I changed oil companies, and he did it anyhow, so I complained and was switched to email invoices (which they could have suggested in the first place), but Friday, I got both, email and paper, and he hung the paper, not on the doorknob but the fence gate, where it can be seen from the sidewalk in front of several neigbhors and from cars driving by.

**Previous copany did this when I was on one of the long trips. Only because a friend dropped by did it not stay there. I was so mad, I think they gave me $25. (Later they woudln't put me on temporary hold so I left anyhow.)

I have to call and complain today. I should change companies but I have no trip planned so I'll give them one more chance.

Reply to
micky

Mail slots are excluded, as are a few other types of mail receptacles.

My mailbox is big enough for small packages and is on a post at the side of the road.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Good to hear.

In Indianapolis we had one of those. I think there was something embossed in the door about US mail.

Reply to
micky