About recalls for runaway cars.

it to confirm

and manuals.

stirred up.  It's

case, I'm

You need to ask Harry and Clare, I use both feet. Most likely they only use their right and hop since using two feet to walk would confuse them.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

does not make

using it to confirm

automatics and manuals.

stirred up.  It's

any case, I'm

Yeah, like all the posts you anti's have been making about how I'm a horrendous danger on the highways and how I'll die in a fiery crash aren't insults. Get real you antiLFBer hypocrite.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Many states will FLUNK YOU if you LFB during a driving test, as well they should. See how that works?

:

Passenger comfort? Now you're really going into lala land.

I'd say most people don't do it because nobody that I know of was ever trained that way. People typically take driver ed in high school or a private driving school. I ridden with countless people over the years and can't recall a single one of them that was a left foot braker. Now, if it's so much safer and such a superior technique, why do you suppose that no driving schools apparently teach it? The NJ drivers manual recommends right foot braking, which strongly suggests that at least in this state, it's unlikely it's going to be taught otherwise.

I failed the NJ driving test decades ago for left foot braking. The driving test guy asked me where I learned it. I told him my father, which was actually only partly true. My father did teach me to drive, but apparently he wasn;t very good at it. I don't recall him ever telling me which foot to use. I just wound up starting out that way by chance and he didn't correct me. I quickly switched to right foot usage and found it easier, more logical and I believe safer, especially when you also drive stick shifts.

First, I don't think anyone has proven that you gain .2 secs. But even if you assume it's true, it's largely meaningless, because you have acknowledged that you don't have your foot hoovering most of the time. I'll bet in reality it's a small percentage of the time. So, when the unexpected happens, your foot may actually take LONGER to get there because it's resting further away on the floor. As to starting the "superior" hoovering procedure when you feel the need for caution, I have an even better idea. Just slow down right then like the rest of us and gain not just your alleged 18ft, but as much distance as you need to be safe. I can picture you in my rear view mirror, tailgating and unwilling to just increase the seperation, because you don't want to give up that extra 18 feet or bring alleged discomfort to your passengers and have great confidence in your alleged superior stopping ability.

Reply to
trader4

te:

oot in the air

like any other

al.- Hide quoted text -

Well, when he is trying to coordinate two feet doing opposing actions at the same time I guess Ashton probably does do a lot of jerking.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

apply both brakes

thing does not make

ing techniques.

ucrat of the same

just using it to confirm

sing means you

foot at a critical

automatics and manuals.

riate foot without

screwed it up.

as stirred up. =A0It's

OK. =A0In any case, I'm

It is called maintaining a safe following distance. If you would quit tailgating you wouldn't need that .2 sec.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9D3BAA9BC61EDjyaniklocalnetcom@216.168.3.44:

I don't ride the brake and I never caused any problems with left braking. Later on, I decided to change to right braking. It's the same. It's the stupid drivers who know nothing about how to drive.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Keep believing what you want. Doesn't make it true.

BYE BYE!!!

Reply to
clare

Big deal. Or do you think gvt bureaucrats are ALWAYS correct? I hope I never see you complain about the gvt doing something wrong.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

apply both brakes

something does not make

techniques.

bureaucrat of the same

using it to confirm

at a critical

automatics and manuals.

foot without

stirred up.  It's

 In any case, I'm

If I'm tailgating then so are you.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

e:

to apply both brakes

omething does not make

riving techniques.

reaucrat of the same

was just using it to confirm

e using means you

ng foot at a critical

oth automatics and manuals.

ropriate foot without

r* screwed it up.

s has stirred up. =A0It's

's OK. =A0In any case, I'm

oot in the air

s the pedal. Is

thing? =A0It's

hing it and it

are skills that

If you are allowing the same space I am, you don't need your fictional .2 sec.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

apply both brakes

something does not make

driving techniques.

bureaucrat of the same

just using it to confirm

using means you

foot at a critical

automatics and manuals.

appropriate foot without

screwed it up.

has stirred up.  It's

 In any case, I'm

...Until a kid runs out from between parked cars directly in front of you on a busy street.

Reply to
salty

te:

e:

rote:

one to apply both brakes

" something does not make

n driving techniques.

bureaucrat of the same

=A0I was just using it to confirm

u're using means you

revert to under

wrong foot at a critical

n both automatics and manuals.

appropriate foot without

ever* screwed it up.

this has stirred up. =A0It's

hat's OK. =A0In any case, I'm

ally shows up in

t foot in the air

ot, they _will_

ress the pedal. Is

omething? =A0It's

ouching it and it

's the same with

gs are skills that

hem it's their

m, but there is

action times and

ust the physics

ghts just how?

At which point the whole left foot braking is pretty much a moot point, because it's chief proponent says he only covers the brake when he expects to have to stop. Like in moving traffic that is slowing down. At which point, his latest claims make no sense. He says he maintains the same safe stopping distance as a single foot braker would. Yet, when I'm presented with the separation between my car and those in front decreasing, I just take my foot of the gas and start applying the brakes. Ashton just starts "hoovering" his left foot over the brake.

The bottom line is this. In the truly unexpected emergency, the left foot braker is likely to have his foot on the floor, where it may in fact take LONGER to get it to the brake than a right foot braker. And in the case where you anticipate the need to stop, the obvious safe thing to do is to begin to apply the brakes right then, not start hoovering.

[...]

in which case his lfb won't help as he doesn't have his foot there "unless I am expecting to use it".

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

to apply both brakes

something does not make

driving techniques.

bureaucrat of the same

just using it to confirm

using means you

revert to under

wrong foot at a critical

automatics and manuals.

appropriate foot without

screwed it up.

has stirred up.  It's

OK.  In any case, I'm

shows up in

foot in the air

the pedal. Is

something?  It's

touching it and it

same with

skills that

but there is

reaction times and

the physics

Unless of course, he is in the right land in heavy traffic, and is also anticipating a parked car's door suddenly opening or other surprises that often happen in a situation such as that.

Apparently, Right foot brakers are so smug that that don't even anticipate things such as that. No wonder there are far more crashes among right foot brakers!

Reply to
salty

te:

rote:

or one to apply both brakes

ges" something does not make

y on driving techniques.

ome bureaucrat of the same

=A0I was just using it to confirm

ft foot braking.

you're using means you

le revert to under

he wrong foot at a critical

own both automatics and manuals.

he appropriate foot without

*never* screwed it up.

sy this has stirred up. =A0It's

=A0That's OK. =A0In any case, I'm

usually shows up in

left foot in the air

r not, they _will_

t press the pedal. Is

the difference

g something? =A0It's

e gas pedal, if

ng it in a fixed

e touching it and it

=A0it's the same with

hings are skills that

n them it's their

blem, but there is

reaction times and

s just the physics

lights just how?

If one is 'anticipating' something, then you don't need the LFB. What part of that have you missed?

So you don't watch for signs of a car door opening as you drive down a street? I do. Driver in car that just parked...watch for it. Not rocket science.

NIce assertion there. Got a cite? ... didn't think so.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

one to apply both brakes

something does not make

driving techniques.

bureaucrat of the same

was just using it to confirm

foot braking.

you're using means you

revert to under

wrong foot at a critical

both automatics and manuals.

appropriate foot without

*never* screwed it up.

this has stirred up.  It's

 That's OK.  In any case, I'm

usually shows up in

foot in the air

they _will_

press the pedal. Is

difference

something?  It's

gas pedal, if

it in a fixed

touching it and it

the same with

are skills that

it's their

problem, but there is

reaction times and

just the physics

lights just how?

Further proof that you are not a deep thinker. Perhaps not even much of a superficial thinker.

Reply to
salty

So you admit you don't have a cite. I'll help you out. RFBs have a lot more accidents than LFBs and it has nothing to do with how you brake. I'll let you ponder why that would be but will give a clue - it involves percentages.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

You just realized that, didn't you! That's why you first thought you needed a cite from me on that point.

Reply to
salty

Nope, You claimed it had to do with LFB vs RFB and I notice you still haven't provided a cite including those terms. Having a problem are you?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K