Subject Author Posted Replies

Unboxing a parcel package
I didn't see any packing material on the bottom of the box.
2
2

How do I wire a four outlet recepical when I have two red, black, white and green wires
Both black wires appeared to be hot when I tested them. Then I noticed the two red wires. This was an unused junction box in the ceiling of my garage. I have two two outlet receptacles. Only one of...
18
18

County deck requirements
Had inquired here about Trex deck and correspondents my find this enlightening: Looks like building permits required for both taking down and erecting new. Chuckled when I saw fee for volunteer fire...
6
6

Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn't already on Android?
Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn't already on Android? The question was posed today on the iOS newsgroup, where nobody on that newsgroup knows cameras well enough to find...
80
80

can Loctite red threadlocker be used for this purpose?
I have a situation where I needed a 5/16" recessed nut threaded knob. However, at the local hardware, only a knob with a 3/8" recessed nut was available. Since I didn't have time to order and wait, I...
3
3

Computer tower
I broke My mobo some time back and was given a Dell with W8 and all the goodies. I managed to get W10 installed, and after getting used to all the new bells and whistles, it gets the job done. Now I...
25
25

3 D printed house
MIT is working on a 3D printer for construction. A bit here: I guess round buildings are very wind resistant. Imagine Florida with round or igloo houses instead of the boxes they have now. How is the...

350 chevy motor
George Fields news: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 02:55:14 GMT Is it a 4bolt main version, marine version, or the regular deal?
31
31

RIP - Poem For A Skydiver
We recently lost a friend in a skydiving accident. The prayer card at the wake contained the following poem. The words describe this person perfectly and I just thought that I would share them with...
1
1

Computer problem solved
A few days ago I was commenting that one of the "new" computers I just built was continuously crashing and having problems . Sent the motherboard back to the vendor , who tested it and found it was...
72
72

Need a smoke machine
Anyone have a good idea for making a smoke machine? My car is 15 years old, and the buna is getting old and tired but they don't make a single kit of all the rubber parts which would be the easy way...
6
6

What I Learned When a Hacker Stole My Identity and Took Over My Facebook Account
There IS a VERY probable third option but you were probably too drunk to see it. []'s
6
6

Miele Washing Machine: Anyone Have One ? Getting To English On The Screen ?
Hi, Just got a new Miele washing machine. Front loader, the smaller size one. Imagine this is the same for any of their new ones: Everything on the screen is in Spanish. Can't get it to display in...
7
7

Ideal temp for freezer?
Yes, if there's a lot of air in the freezer, when you open the door, a lot of cold air will fall out at the bottom, replaced by room air at the top. BTW, I have a 45 year old working freezer and was...
32
32

speaker wire to RCA phono connector-- can this be used for power purposes too?
I've used these: And, for sure, they are meant for power. Find great deals on eBay for power connector to screw terminal. Shop with confidence. Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel,...
10
10