Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Potential Government Shutdown
With all of the recent news about government funding there was mention of essential and non-essential government workers. My question is why are there ANY non-essential government workers? That should...
5
5

OT: V.A. enrollment
I recently tried to enroll in the V.A. and because I had none of the following qualifications apply to me I was not eligible: Receive financial compensation from VA for a service-connected disability...
5
5

Repairing Woodford Model 25 outdoor wall faucet
I have a Woodford Model 25 outdoor faucet. I am using the Woodford Model 25 repair kit to repair Wheel Handle, Head Nut and plunger assembly (parts #3, #4 and #10). See the image After opening the...
3
3

New cures from ancient medicine
Researchers are poring over an important medieval medical text with 360 recipes, many of which might have successfully fought infection long before modern science.

O.T. -> U.S. Store closings
What do you think about this article ? Do you think that close to 8600 stores will close ? Even though Amazon has taken a lot of market share, a lot of folks do not want to wait to buy something....
11
11

OT Renting a car?
Our local car rental fleets are generally under 18 months old -very seldom more than one model year old, and usually current models. I doubt any get tires replaced during their tenure as rentals. When...
107
107

They Should Have Asked My Husband
Some folk here may enjoy this not-so-recent poem by Pam Ayers Perhaps you'll let me know! They Should Have Asked My Husband
3
3

OT Button holes
Sewing machines make button holes parallel to the direction the fabric travels. You can put the top of a shirt in the machine, move it a couple inches for every buttonhole, and when you reach the...
30
30

Melting Bar Soap?
Yes, it does. I've been doing this for many, many years.
36
36

Anyone ever heard of a product called Zuds??
So , have you heard about the newest one , Fugg ? Their motto is : If Rinso won't rinse it , and Duz won't do it , Fugg it .
5
5

Asparagus season is here again
Spargelzeit! A look at the ever-popular asparagus in Germany and the Spring time Spargelzeit, the seasonal celebration of asparagus in Germany!
5
5

Big Bamboo
This stand of Bamboo was planted eight years ago. Last year it doubled in size. This year the bamboo are already jumping out of the ground. BIG BAMBOO shoots are coming up. These shoots weren't there...
6
6

OT - Warning about 21st Century Insurance
I promised the 21st Century Insurance rep on the phone today that I would spread the word about how poorly the company has performed and how difficult it has been to deal with for the past 12 months....
2
2

Do Toilet Bowls Really Wear Out?
About a year ago, I had to have a new water heater installed in my dad's home. It was in an emergency, so I hired the first, reputable company in the area that could come out to do the job. I'll call...
10
10

Does every clothes dryer get hot inside.
Is tumbling hard on clothes? Not human tumbling wearing clothes, but tumbling in the dryer. Especially shirts. Is excessive tumbling hard on clothes? Does it always get hot inside the dryer when you...
13
13