Subject Author Posted Replies

mending a mica card
Can I use duct tape to mend a cracked mica card(wave guard) for microwave
2
2

Jump starter for lawnmower?
I did that with my riding mower for a couple months, jumping it off the golf cart until I found out why the battery was always dead.
37
37

start capacitor for water pump
Agreed....
6
6

Backyard housing
On Sun 15 Apr 2018 06:18:43p, Newgene McMensa told us... As a homeowner, whether in a middle-class or high-end luxury neighborhood, I sure as hell wouldn't permit the city, county, or state to...
5
5

Sorry non political - 2D drawings look like 3D
Check out this about the Japanese artist that can make 2D drawings look like 3D, it's amazing. It describes how it's done. You won't believe how real they look.

About police and discussion
The old adage has been lost on our youth. "Felons should not commit misdemeanors" I understand the cops make more felony arrests from traffic stops than they do from real "detective work" but that...
6
6

small appliance energy usage
I suspect that most people who use these devices are looking to save money in all the wrong places. Even if we've misplaced the owner's manual for most of our small appliances, the power use specs can...
8
8

Fence bottom rotting between boards
i?m curious about my fence construction and why we are getting rot at bottom. i have a solid cedar fence with the vertical 1x6 pickets set 1/2 inch apart. these are held in place by a horizontal 2x4...
1
1

door knob screws keep loosening
Sounds like the screw holes in the lockset might be partially stripped or worn out. I have tremendous success with such issues using the Mr. Grip repair material. You use a pair of scissors to cut...
18
18

Always pay your roofer
Have you ever thought about seeing how long you could put off paying your roofer? This woman waited too long. A roofing contractor was charged Tuesday after removing the shingles from a customer’s...

Church Seminar
on how to react if an active shooter shows up. Elyria, Ohio paper. The shooters supposedly have a accuracy of 40 to 44%. That sure seems low given they're shooting helpless people.
2
2

Why won't this work?
It's the same cord i used in the previous car. Oh, and after I noticed that it wasn't charging, I put a USB to cigarette adapter in that cigarette lighter port, and it's been working fine since then....
18
18

Radiant Barrier
I have the barrier in sliding glass doors and a few windows in sunny areas and it does appear to make a difference in less demand on both heating and cooling. Also bought some of the film for some...
16
16

How to make sure your smoke detector smokes
I got one of them smoke detectors, and I didn't think it worked. Most of the time it just irritated me. I guess it didn't like my cooking because it seemed to always get noisy when I was cooking. Once...

The steadily disappearing American car
SUV, mini vans, etc are blinders for people on motorcycles. Gone are the good old days when I could see a mile ahead just looking over the LeSabres, Satellites, Galaxies, etc. And now it seems these...
4
4