Subject Author Posted Replies

light won't light
This test is with the light removed? You have one cable, with two conductors plus a ground wire? By charged, do you mean that you have 120V on both, or some other, lower voltage? What are you...
20
20

Faucet repair?
Before attempting to discover if the faucet has replaceable washers or other things I can easily purchase is there any way to tell in advance? The faucet only drips sometimes. If I turn it on and off...
2
2

Garage Door Reverses 1 From Ground
Got an older model Genie screw drive garage door opener (IS, ISL, IC series) that started reversing the lowering door when its bottom edge reached about a foot from the ground yesterday. It happened...
10
10

American toilet design?
Um, I don’t think so. Of course you can use it for that but I believe the prime reason was the German love of pork products. In days of old tape worm infestation in pork very common so a pan with a...
269
269

Gas fireplace logs
I have a wood-burning fireplace that is also equipped with natural gas. I want to purchase a set of ceramic logs to put in the grate and not worry about wood again. I can see a lot of ceramic log sets...
1
1

Are there any electric convertibles?
Are there any electric convertibles? Preferably all-electric, no hybrid. I read stories about countries converting to electric cars, and I want to be prepared, in case I get tired of Baltimore...
2
2

walk-in tubs?
I may need a plumber for my bathtub and I was thinking of planning ahead for once, and getting a walk-in tub. A) Will I need to get a bigger water-heater? My current one certainly isn't small. I...
15
15

OT Court Cam
A couple of weeks ago A & E network started a new show called Court Cam. They show some of the wild and crazy things that go on in court during trials and appearances. Some really crazy people caught...
6
6

first 3D-printed neighborhood
Link to information about the printer: <> ICON develops advanced construction technologies that advance humanity by using 3D printing robotics, software and advanced materials. ICON develops advanced...
18
18

Mortar/concrete curing
Any cement mix needs to stay damp to cure to maximum strength. Mortar/concrete/plaster doesn’t harden by “drying”. If cement based mixes dry they cannot “cure”. The curing process is a...

odd ball load splitting hairs
BCD is a lost art, apparently. Cindy Hamilton
31
31

OT: great interception
Hi All, This is a great interception. It is amazing the he managed to keep it in his hands! https://www.packers.com/video/big-man-int-packers-dl-dean-lowry-hauls-in-qb-trubisky-s-pass-after-juggle...
1
1

Son's car problem
I'm thinking that even though a lot of us can fix stuff ourselves we may not have all the diagnostic equipment to find the problem. Might have been better to have a big shop to check out first and get...
25
25

Dildo on but unplugged
How is this possible?