Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Used printer paper
Sounds like a theoretical possibility. However, I've been doing it for more than a decade, on at least 4 different makes/models of laser printers and I've never had the type of problem you describe...
14
14

Interior French / Perimeter Drain on 1890s 3 flat with Stone Foundation
With all the political talk on here- I am not sure if it is still a home repair group- but I figure I'll give it a shot. I am currently digging out my basement and installing a french drain/perimeter...
11
11

AFCI or GFCI for a two-hole receptacle
Depends what you're most worried about and where the receptacle is located. A GFCI protects against ground faults, which is important since with a two prong receptacle you have no ground. If there was...
10
10

Squirrel resistent Screen
Shot gun. Nope, no one has.
18
18

OT much-needed haircut
You are stupid to not do it yourself.
29
29

finding elastic
I saw a video where a guy put duct tape across the top to stick around nose and eyes. These masks are a PITA with fogging up for those that wear glasses.
28
28

swamp cooler bleed t-connector value
Anything that evaporates water will leave minerals behind. How much depends on the hardness of the water. Maybe better to connect a hose to collect the water if you don't want it under the unit.
5
5

Car flipped oton wheels.
That 401 passes about 15 miles from my front door. Busiest stretch of highway in North America - busier than LA thruway
18
18

Favorite Indoor Bug Spray
Favorite DIY indoor bug spray to get rid of springtime roaches/ant/spiders?
6
6

Re: "green plug" power saving device, do they work? (2023 Update)
orignal post over 20 years ago! They were actually made in USA ! not China...what a concept. Here is something that I tested...3 speed fans. Using a device that measures, Voltage, Amps, Watts, power...

Every dog has his day,
Every dog has his day, Barber shops are closed! Flowbee, now worth up to $200 new, $150 used. Find great deals on eBay for flowbee. Shop with confidence. Find great deals on eBay for flowbee. Shop...

OT RCA tablet problem
KenK wrote in news:XnsABB6660C01E64invalidcom@ 130.133.4.11: Contacted RCA support. No help. All they say is pull on the tab.
10
10

OT. Two Aces
Regional refers to the geographical area. The size of the jet is determined by the popularity of the flight, not the distance.
31
31

OT Smartphone buy?
Depends on the Galaxy. The S20 etc are just as expensive as the iphones and the new SE is much less expensive. Sure, the low end Galaxys are much cheaper.
19
19

Filling Cavity Gaps?
Looking for some advice, I just pulled all old windowsills off around my house and been greeted with them all looking like this, however, there all in good condition and so is the damp proof course....
1
1