OT. Two Aces

A husband and wife hit back to back holes in one. <https://www.wisconsin.golf/19th_hole/two-for-the-record-book-husband-and-wife-from-appleton-make-aces-on-back-to/article_943f9a6a-8ed9-11ea-85cc-8f4a516335ef.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share&fbclid=IwAR26RViIlhQ16-Q-3yZsLVZWtjN8q_jwvqvtb4sBRVJHgvfmuC7SqShZhng>

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I eMailed this to a husband and wife customer of mine who love to golf together.

Me? Golf? That is what happens to fisherman when they do not live righteous lives and, well, die.

Seems to me if theyr'e back to back, they'll hit their balls in opposite directions.

"“We’ve got those Styrofoam pool things in the cup, so you could see both balls. Half the ball was above the lip of the cup.....

The Styrofoam ring in the hole follows COVID-19 safety guidelines to prevent golfers from touching the flagstick."

How does this work? A styrofoam ring in the hole prevents golfers from touching the flagstick???

Reply to
micky

You hear the joke about the devout Jew that went golfing on the sabbath instead of going to temple? The Saints gave him a hole in one. Greatest shot of his life!

Asked why, the Saints answer was "Who is he going to tell?"

Chuckle.

Beats me. I golfed once. It was just another excuse to get drunk outside on a nice warm day. I've been sober for over 30 years now thanks to God's grace.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Golf is a good walk spoiled. ---Mark Twain

Normally the flag stick is taken out so you can reach in to get your ball. Often, one person holds the stick when you put and pulls it so as to not interfere with the ball.

In my case, I could not reach down to get the ball unless I used the stick for balance.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Specially when I used to do engine failure practice on the golf course that was right next to our local airport.

I used to delight in leaving the recovery until the last minute so the stupid golfers were considering running.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an ever smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.

-- Winston Churchill

Reply to
RosemontCrest

It sounds like the first time I ever shot a straight in skeet in a league round. It was right after my wife shot one. Call it peer pressure.

Reply to
gfretwell

I might tee one up and try to hit you.

Reply to
gfretwell

Not possible with me coming straight for you and you not knowing it was a real engine failure or not. Hardly anyone is actually stupid enough to risk that it might be real.

Reply to
Rod Speed

More knee jerk reaction to the virus, with very little logic behind it. It was all about multiple people touching the flag stick or the dirt around the hole. Considering that it is typically about 10-15 minutes between parties on the green, the sun would have killed that virus long before the next party showed up.

BTW that sunshine study from Ft Detrick has finally been blessed by the networks. Lester Holt had it tonight.

Reply to
gfretwell

That actually makes it easier. I don't need to lead you. It is a point blank shot. I also do not need to run to get out of your path. It is no harder than crossing a highway with cars coming at you.

Reply to
gfretwell

Bullshit it does when you are deciding it it's a real forced landing or not. I am gliding with no engine noise at all and you arent even aware that I am there until I appear from behind big trees and get very little time to decide if it's a real forced landing or not.

Irrelevant to you having to decide if it's a real forced landing or not.

Only a fool trys to hit a real forced landing and die in the process.

Bullshit you don't, because I always headed for the golfers.

Much harder in fact given how wide the plane is due to the wings

Reply to
Rod Speed

I don't know what it is like in the upside down world but if you are buzzing a golf course and get close enough that we can get a tail number the FAA will be paying you a visit here and he might leave with your license and your ass in his briefcase.

Reply to
gfretwell

Bullshit they will when you are practicing forced landings.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed drunken fantasys.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not necessarily, particularly when the golf course is on the approach path to the runway.

Watched innumerable P-3s land in the 90's before the navy abandoned Moffett field. And a few other interesting craft.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I don't know if it is still the case but in the early '70s the Massachusetts ANG Fighter Wing was based at the Barnes airport in Westfield. The field is adjacent to the Mass Turnpike (I-90) and the

2/20 runway is almost perpendicular to the road. In '74 a fighter jock in a F100 had a drogue chute that failed to deploy. He was doing about 175 when he got to the turnpike.

The TV news interviewed a driver who was behind the target vehicle. He was a black guy but he was looking awfully white.

rbowman

You can only practice those forced landings in designated areas, usually an air field. If you are buzzing civilians in the US your ass is grass. I am not sure what they do down there.

Reply to
gfretwell